App doesn't recognize connection

D

Deleted member 8569

Same story different owner. Drone and App worked well for the first 5 short flights. Then I lost "connection" and never got it back. App still wants me to connect even though the wifi appears connected. My iPhone shows a check mark next to the wifi so it appears I'm connected to the Solo. App still says "Connect." (and no, I'm not worried about my phone saying "no internet connection." I realize there is no internet)

Things I've already done:
Spent hours reading this forum and other places looking for solution.
Sent a message to 3dr. No response (sounds like this is standard practice).
Factory Reset 3x
Pairing 3x
Deleted app 12x
"Forget this network" 12x
Battery out of controller 1x
Loaded app on different 3 different iPhones
Took the game out of the Nintendo and blew on it
Through salt over my shoulder

Apparently there is no real solution. Everyone just asks for help, keeps doing the above....and magically it might work at some point for no apparent reason. Clearly, 3dr haven't come up with a true solution yet. Also, since I did a "reset," and can't actually connect...I can't do the "First flight update." ugh.

May I add, how DUMB is it to not be able to direct connect to the controller with your phone/tablet. No USB communication or anything. Only HDMI out. REALLY?

I'm already considering returning this and buying a different drone. I have spent WAY more time trying to solve a problem than actually flying. It's too bad, because this is a cool drone. The controls/takeoff/flight are all very easy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: Ivanh
I have two SOLOs doing the same thing. The second one was a BB bargain buy, hasn't recognized the wifi connection in the app straight out of the box.

Reactions: Ivanh
Same here, thinking of returning it back and maybe dishing out more cash for the DJI, haven't too much bad news from that end.

Have you guys tried the GPS Mod yet? I just did it on mine after todays crazy events and loss of transmissions, I get GPS connectivity faster than before and inside my house, I have not tried to fly it yet, due to the app, I think it might be the last iPhone update I did that it messed with everything. Prior to the update I was able to use my iPhone connected to the solo and still able to receive LTE network while using the app, now the only way it works is by turning your "cellular data" off. This has been working good for me, I no longer auto land on ground due to the solo sometimes going crazy, i now just auto land and catch it from the bottom. It went crazy the second time i did this for no reason and good thing it wasn't on the ground otherwise that would have been another set of props replaced. Hopefully theres an update coming soon on the app itself from 3DR.

I Had an issue when I set some rogue parameters on mission planner trying to get a storm32 gimbal controller to talk with the mavlink/Pixhawk2, I lost controller function and it would not pair to solo it also would not reset back to factory spec .

You will need a PC with mission planner installed to do this, Also I assume no responsibility if you break your solo.

I fixed this issue by first resetting the pixhawk2, How? by pulling the gimbal bay cover and holding the sswt button inside the gimbal bay, I then started up the solo while continuing to hold the button until you hear the start up tone it will then start the Pixhawk2 reboot sequence which has a different tone.

Now you need to restart the solo and hold in the pairing button with a paper clip to factory reset the solo also reset the controller by pressing both the power and fly button simultaneously until it starts a reset.
It will go through the normal setup procedure and will now bind the controller with solo, if not hit the pairing button to bind give it a few minutes
once the controller finds a new solo hit the A&B buttons simultaneously it will now be bound and will ask you to update the software using the solo app. At this point STOP!

Fire up MISSION PLANNER on a PC connect to the solo using UDP make sure to use the solo's WiFi connection setting should be UDP, 115200 and 14550 port settings. The solo should connect and load all parameters,

once loaded now you can reset the solo's PixHawk2 back to stock settings by going into the config/tune of mission planner and select the default settings button to the right to restore the Pixhawk2 back to square one,
Mission Planner will prompt you just hit yes and the solo will restart with the typical carousel lights chirp a few times and will now bind with the controller.
all You will need to do is install the updates using the solo app. and re calibrate the solo, that's it!
You should be up and flying in no time.

another thing if using the solo app on android make sure you clear the cache in the android app settings first.

This should work as it worked for me a few times after borking the Pixhawk2 while using Mission Planner.
Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc