Anyone here oder through DSLRpros

Reaction score
Id like to hear from anyone who has ordered from them? I was told last week they received 300 Gimbals to fill their back orders. this morning in the same thread of email they are now telling me they have no gimbals for the solo. Is anyone else getting the same flip flop story?

Reactions: Boyd
Order from Best Buy and cancel your DSLR Pros order.
That is exactly what I just did. I was able to pick up two gimbals from a local store one for me and one for my mentor. He was in the same boat as I was with DSLRpros. So I called him up and told him he can cancel his order and that I got him covered. We will be out flying tomorrow so look for some dueling solo footage soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 9
I ordered my whole system from DSLR Pros. I have been checking in with them at least once a week for the last several weeks to find out if the gimbals were shipping. Not yet, what always the answer. I was told 2 days ago that their president went to California to try to get the situation resolved. Not sure that happened. After a series of emails with them and 3DR, I was surprised to see last night that my gimbal purchase had been refunded by DSLR Pros! I never asked for that, and have generally been a good little boy waiting patiently. In any event, I found one at Best Buy today, so my waiting is finally over. Paying $36 in sales tax was worth having it in my hands, and installed on the Solo.

But in general, I think DSLR Pros have been very reasonable and responsive to my tech/sales questions. So, no hard feelings.

I also pre-orders, per 3DR's instructions, from DSLR Pros on April 7th. I got an email from DSLR Pro yesterday:
Unfortunately we have not received anything from 3DR as of yet sir. We were supposed to have received them at the beginning of this month but that did not happen. As of right now, we have no ETA for their arrival.

Best Regards,
Giovanni
Customer Experience Team

DSLRPros

Office Phone: +1-323-664-4961
Office Fax: +1-323-679-1043
Skype ID: DSLRPros.Sales
Bigger Than Life - Check it out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
logo.png

I have had nothing but good experiences with DSLR Pro's and I am directing my frustration at 3DR so this is tough but I saw the gimbal in stock at B&H yesterday, paid for 1 day shipping and got the gimbal before noon today (I'm in western Oregon).

View media item 100

Placed my order with DSLPros on 4/13. Getting the same run around from them on the gimbal. Just walked in a Frys in north Texas and they had 3 gimbals on the shelf. The waiting is over.

Placed my order with DSLPros on 4/13. Getting the same run around from them on the gimbal. Just walked in a Frys in north Texas and they had 3 gimbals on the shelf. The waiting is over.
I cancelled my order yesterday. Ordered a gimbal from B&H, arriving Thursday. I have been waiting since the end of May.
I ordered the Solo and Gimbal both from DSLRPros. Got the Solo on june 25th. Was expecting the free battery but they said it would ship with the gimbal. Sent them an email and told them I wanted the battery and they told me since I cancelled they can't give me one.
I am working with 3DR and I think they will send me one.

Raybo... my understanding was that the free battery was an offer from 3DR that the retailers honored. My situation is similar, had gimbal on order... they actually cancelled/refunded the amount for the gimbal (without me asking!). So, it looks like I am in the same boat. I will contact both to see what's up.

Raybo... my understanding was that the free battery was an offer from 3DR that the retailers honored. My situation is similar, had gimbal on order... they actually cancelled/refunded the amount for the gimbal (without me asking!). So, it looks like I am in the same boat. I will contact both to see what's up.
Been talking with 3DR and they are sending me a battery.

I was specifically told by 3DR, that DSLR Pros would send them out. DSLR Pros has not received them yet, but are on the case and will ship in due time.

I preordered my Solo Drone on April 18 from DSLRPros. The craft arrived on July 7. I am still waiting for the gimbal. You can't call them because they have a recording telling you to email them. I've sent 4 emails in the last two weeks requesting ANY information about fulfilling the rest my order and have gotten no response.

I preordered my Solo Drone on April 18 from DSLRPros. The craft arrived on July 7. I am still waiting for the gimbal. You can't call them because they have a recording telling you to email them. I've sent 4 emails in the last two weeks requesting ANY information about fulfilling the rest my order and have gotten no response.
I talked to 3DR about the free battery yesterday. They told me they have a list of dealers that preordered gimbals and they all got sent batteries to them at no charge. Never got a gimbal from DSLRPro so I cancelled and got it from B&H.
3DR told me they will contact DSLRPro and tell them to send my battery that they have. I sent 3DR proof of purchase for the Solo and Gimbal.
They don't answer their phone and I have emailed them several times. At this point, I don't think I will get the battery.

sounds awful. this is pretty much my situation I assume. DSLR Pros say 3DR is handling the batteries, 3DR says DSLR is handling the batteries... no responsibility

sounds awful. this is pretty much my situation I assume. DSLR Pros say 3DR is handling the batteries, 3DR says DSLR is handling the batteries... no responsibility
Yep. I'm not giving up on either one.

I sent an email to 3DR yesterday and got a reply back in less than an hour. The rep confirmed that DSLRPro is no longer working with 3DR and that DSLRPro is supposed to be contacting anyone with outstanding orders to initiate a refund. I sent 3DR a copy of my purchase order withe DSLRPro showing that I had purchased both the craft and the gimbal but have only received the craft. I was told that if I order a gimbal from them or anywhere else, to be sure to send him the proof of purchase and he will include it my DSLRPro statements to ensure that I receive my free battery from 3DR. Batteries are apparently slow in coming but he assured me that I would receive it.

I have to sat 3DR proved more than satisfactory in this situation.... Now if DSLRPro will reply to any of the 5-6 emails I have sent them, maybe I won't be out the $400 they still have.

Not that I ever "publicly" said anything bad about DSLRpros, and if I did I will eat my words. i pre-ordered my Solo and gimbal back in April through DSLRpros had to cancel my gimbal about a month ago with BestBuy getting inventory before me. I figured the free battery was a lost cause and just not worth the fight and time to get it. Well with that all said I just returned from lunch and there was a package on my desk from DSLRpros. This makes 6 batteries, how cool is that. I didn't even ask for it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000