Anyone had issues with factory resetting Solo n controller recently?

Reaction score
Just bought a couple of Solos from the US recently and unfortunately the previous owners forgot their wifi passwords for the controllers. As a result I've had to do factory resets on them both. Unfortunately, after following the 3DR manual and YouTube clips I have not been successful in getting either up and running. Following the process appears to get to the download latest software to my iPhone 6s, however there appears to be issues getting the updates downloaded to transfer to the controller. As such this has also caused grief in pairing the Solo with the controller also. I recall similar issues previously when the iPhones were updated causing dramas with the 3dr App. It appears to be a software issue as opposed to a hardware one. At present I can't fly either. I have wifi from the controller, however when transferring new software data from the 3dr app to the controller, it appears it is stalled in an infinite loop. Anyone else have any issues and know of a quick fix? Removing and reinstalling the SD card will be my next attempt. Any advice is appreciated.
00d5b467a315eba60d95e4ba64ea3b7b.jpg

I'll give I crack tonight on the missus' android phone. I'm a bit over the issues between the incompatibility of iPhone and 3dr updates!

Make sure your Android device has Android >5.0.1. My Android toy phone has 5.0.1 which apparently was when Google decided that phones will NOT stay connected to a WiFi network that can't reach the Google DNS for more than 30s, making using my phone with the Solo impossible. I had to buy a newer Android tablet :|

Reactions: Ismael Bugarin
Finally just got one all linked up using Android. Seems to be working fine on loading up. 13 sats in 30 secs on initial start up. Now onto the second. Looks like there is another glitch with the iPhone 3dr app software. Hopefully it is only for factory resetting... Will check tomorrow if there are other glitches now that the bird is ready to fly again!

Finally just got one all linked up using Android. Seems to be working fine on loading up. 13 sats in 30 secs on initial start up. Now onto the second. Looks like there is another glitch with the iPhone 3dr app software. Hopefully it is only for factory resetting... Will check tomorrow if there are other glitches now that the bird is ready to fly again!

I ended up getting a cheap Nexus 7 2013 and another one which I haven't tried which is the Nexus 7 2012. The 2013 unit works great with no lag in the
video and the factory software works good plus the Tower software is good. The Solo is a good bird and is reliable but like all drones things can go awry
like motor failure or a battery cell dropping out. It's amazing that the birds can even fly considering the variables that can go wrong! Happy flying! :D

Factory reset both Solos and controllers. Both fly great. I was able to revert to the iPhone 3dr App and all seems to be running smoothly... Thus far. I'm going to have to invest in an Android device in the near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela