Any update on Firmware update?

Reaction score
Just asking, seen reports it's been coming since the 15th?
Forgot how to receive FWU? o_O
Solo & Controller needs to be on, but monitor shouldn't be connected to Solo link?
Been a while since last FWU...

Thanks

Solo-1.2.19.JPG

I can always count on 3DR to dissapoint

seriously they are kinda horrible when it comes to hardware release timeline, but at least their software has been way more transparent...looks like they are failing on that front too.

Marketing and PR people push this kind of announcement. The folks doing the programming and testing, rarely make release dates public.

maybe you are just looking to be disappointed
they failed to deliver a key feature over their competitor (full gopro controls) over a 5 month span, sorry if my expectations are unreasonable

Marketing and PR people push this kind of announcement. The folks doing the programming and testing, rarely make release dates public.
they are a small-medium sized company, if communication between two "departments" aren't transparent (not the first time), they're doing a poor job as an overall team. Perhaps you have forgotten about them keeping us in the dark for months about the Solo launch and the gimbal launch...then they shifted the blame to GoPro for the delay like how they shift the blame to their retailers. They have good ideas, but execution thus far can be deemed fairly sloppy.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
With 3DR, the code does go through testing before it ever touches a real Solo in the wild, they beta internally for the Solo currently, but are including a number of real users to help with this process in future.

I don't know how big the sample of real users is but I do know 3DR is providing a warranty to those picked so that if they have a crash as a result of testing beta code they won't be out of pocket.

With 3DR, the code does go through testing before it ever touches a real Solo in the wild, they beta internally for the Solo currently, but are including a number of real users to help with this process in future.

I don't know how big the sample of real users is but I do know 3DR is providing a warranty to those picked so that if they have a crash as a result of testing beta code they won't be out of pocket.
Ian, is there a "github" for the Solo App?

Ian, is there a "github" for the Solo App?
For the app, no. It's only the Arducopter code that has a GitHub I believe.

The weather in the UK is too bad for me to fly until at least Saturday, but I'm looking forward to trying the new firmware, I'm interested to see if there's less chance of vibration in the video with the tweaks to the flight code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986