Another new Solo owner

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am Mike, and I am a new Solo owner. A little background on how I got here... About a year and a half ago a buddy of mine who I camp with brought out his P2, flew it around the campground, took some cool shots of us, etc. Shortly after I reached the point where spending that kind of money on a consumer aircraft would not cut it, so I thought, why not build one? I ignored all the people who write about buying a small one first, or build after you have flown awhile, and jumped right in. My chosen FC was APM 2.8 and after building my modified (extended arms to 720mm) HK Predator-hovering for a flight test and then strapping an old iPhone to it and smashing into my camper building on the second flight (I know, I know) I decided to build my own 770 mm H frame. Half way through the rebuilding of it, the $300 Solo bundle showed up at Bestbuy. Waited, waited, and told myself I would just invest in the build. Then the price went up to $500 and I kicked myself in the butt for not getting it. Then, last Saturday it was back to $300. I took the bait and bought it along with 5 sets of extra props (learned that from the first build) and 3 batteries. So here I am. I can see this has a lot of helpful people here with all kinds of knowledge. I am currently a recreational user, but would like to learn to do more with it. I know it won't happen overnight, but hey, I have time. Lafayette, LA

BR area guy here, and welcome to the fold. Please read and heed the FAQ on this site, as well as the manual that came with the bird. Happy flying!

Hey... I used to be a recreational user too, but that was when I was a lot younger. ;)

Acro's been around so long, he forgot that the manual doesn't come with Solo. His faq is probably as good or better, though.

Just Google 3dr Solo manual for the pdf factory manual.

Reactions: Acroduster
BR area guy here, and welcome to the fold. Please read and heed the FAQ on this site, as well as the manual that came with the bird. Happy flying!
I work offshore so I will have plenty of time to read it thoroughly. Thanks!

Hey... I used to be a recreational user too, but that was when I was a lot younger. ;)

Acro's been around so long, he forgot that the manual doesn't come with Solo. His faq is probably as good or better, though.

Just Google 3dr Solo manual for the pdf factory manual.
I just caught the "recreational user" thing... nice one. I pulled the manual from the 3DR site just to make sure it is the most updated version. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc