Annoying GoPro update demand

Reaction score
Website
dattagroover.com
My Solo app frequently demands I update my GoPro firmware, even though it is already 3.0.0.
All my solo, controller, and app firmware are also up to date.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to get around it?
I know I can restart my GoPro, but sometimes it does that 2 or 3 times in a row

Any ideas?

I've experienced the same. It seems to happen when I shut down Solo for a battery swap and the camera remains on rather than auto-off. At that point I have to completely shut down everything, app, wifi and all hardware. If the GP shuts down when Solo is turned off, then I have no issues...on restart of Solo and then the GP as my typical routine for a battery swap.

I think it is an GP issue rather than Solo, but it's a glitch either way. Listen for the shut down tones, if you don't hear them then your GP is still on in my experience.

I've experienced the same. It seems to happen when I shut down Solo for a battery swap and the camera remains on rather than auto-off. At that point I have to completely shut down everything, app, wifi and all hardware. If the GP shuts down when Solo is turned off, then I have no issues...on restart of Solo and then the GP as my typical routine for a battery swap.

I think it is an GP issue rather than Solo, but it's a glitch either way. Listen for the shut down tones, if you don't hear them then your GP is still on in my experience.
Thanks for that.

The Solo FAQ has guidance on a sequence for a cold start. My method is Solo to full boot, Controller, GP and app... From a battery swap, as mentioned above, start Solo to full boot then the GP. Works for me...

Reactions: DattaGroover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc