Amazon 3DR Solo $229.

Reaction score
I'm officially a hoarder. Just bought a fourth. No gimbal but at $229 its cheaper than buying 4 motor pods and a battery.

Only FOUR?

Your journey to the dark side has but only begun. Look inside yourself, you know it to be true.

Reactions: Gosling1
Oh Bruce-
So true. You get your first 6, then it's 8- then only ONE more. Then you start ordering them and sending them to your brother's house and then to your friends houses-
We won't even start with the $39 gimbals-

Commander of your own "squadron." The government may call you if North Korea doesn't straighten up!!!

Reactions: Undert3k
I'm hoping 3DR calls me. Went to pull some more batteries to put into service from my stockpile and thus far three are DOA outta the box...

Hey Bruce-
I thought I read some information on one of the threads about " resetting " your smart battery?? I sort of remember somebody talking about pushing and holding down the power button- does that do anything?

you could always order a few from Amazon- and tell them they won't charge- pretty sure Jeff Bezos won't go hungry- they will get their money back one way or another-

That's gonna be the next issue with Solo- the battery shortage- we have them stock piled- but no idea if they will work when we pull them out.

I'm officially a hoarder. Just bought a fourth. No gimbal but at $229 its cheaper than buying 4 motor pods and a battery.
Is it expected the one's on Amazon w/out gimbal will be Rev A? It's been that price for a while on Amazon, B&H etc.. as they all have the same price right?

Last edited:
That's gonna be the next issue with Solo- the battery shortage- we have them stock piled- but no idea if they will work when we pull them out.
Yep - old lipo's are well old and past a few years they may not age well.

It will probably get a HERE or mRo. I have a REV B laying around the house but aftermarket GPS is so much better. As far as the battery goes it depends how it has been stored.

Is there a preferred method for storage when immediate use isn't intended?

How many "Rev A" solos do you think there are out here? I know they said they are junk and should never had been released with "Rev A" but seems like a lot of them are out here-
I'm sure Best Buy's got a boat-load of them!

Some say it's best to store at no more than 50% charge - some say 30% charge and on 'ice'. Bottom line in general is that hording lipo's is a loosing proposition. Fully charged some estimate that the battery will loose 20/30% of it's capacity per year whereas storing at less than 50% and cold could result in 5-10% year over year loss. I have lots and lots of old lipo's ---- some as old as 10 years and most are not usable including a few thousand worth of flight power's that I used for my 90 size electric heli's. Buy today - use today if possible. I think that's why companies like dji have added software that automatically manages your lipo's (discharge rates etc..)

Reactions: skyhax
I bought my third solo. A factory refurb in new condition for 189.00 plus freight off of eBay about 3 weeks ago. Came with 3 month warranty. Not sure who warrants it however. But I can fix any issues. I could not resist the price. Was afraid when I opened the box but was very happy to see all the plastic film all over the exterior. Perfect.

I bought my third solo. A factory refurb in new condition for 189.00 plus freight off of eBay about 3 weeks ago. Came with 3 month warranty. Not sure who warrants it however. But I can fix any issues. I could not resist the price. Was afraid when I opened the box but was very happy to see all the plastic film all over the exterior. Perfect.
Was it a combo or just the solo? How dies it fly?

No gimbal. Came with all the normal new in box items. Accessories boxes where unopened. Flys like a Solo - Awesome. I put the GPS mod in, no sense of the hassle of GPS issues, I get easily 20+ sats everytime and very quickly.
Some day the Solo availability will dry up you would think. They must of made boats loads of them.
2a6716fb38829c96ad6159525120641b.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea