Altitude question following recent threads???

Reaction score
with reference to numerous recent threads discussing the issue of taking solo below the base line (0m) take off point, I,e down a cliff face when you take off from the top, does this have any implication to Solos algorithms or on board computer processes? I have performed this numerous times but am wondering if it is a risky manoeuvre and is asking for trouble?

Thanks for your time

J

with reference to numerous recent threads discussing the issue of taking solo below the base line (0m) take off point, I,e down a cliff face when you take off from the top, does this have any implication to Solos algorithms or on board computer processes? I have performed this numerous times but am wondering if it is a risky manoeuvre and is asking for trouble?

Thanks for your time

J
No problem at all. It's done all the time. You controller will read 0 but internally the FC is registering negative numbers below home point. All you settings are still the same. If you RTH and have your RTH alt set to 100' and solo is 50' below home point, Solo will climb 150' then RTH.

Last edited:
No problem at all. It's done all the time. You controller will read 0 but internally the FC is registering negative numbers below home point. All you settings are still the same. If you RTH and have your RTHZ alt set to 100' and solo is 50' below home point, Solo will climb 150' then RTH.
Thanks Jubair.

1 less parameter to worry about. :)

Cheers

Does anbyone know if the app developers are working on this? It could be handy to know how far down you are.

Hi, just wondering how solo calculates altitude and change of between user and vehicle? GPS is pretty poor at altitude calc and can vary wildly depending on the height of the sats in use! Noticed on the autopilot app for dji drones it is recommended to use a tablet or phone with a barometric measurement so that any change in altitude is measure by barometric change. Just wondered if you launched and then in follow me mode started climbing would solo rise with you?
Sorry if this has been discussed else where but would be good to get clarification. Thanks

Hi, just wondering how solo calculates altitude and change of between user and vehicle? GPS is pretty poor at altitude calc and can vary wildly depending on the height of the sats in use! Noticed on the autopilot app for dji drones it is recommended to use a tablet or phone with a barometric measurement so that any change in altitude is measure by barometric change. Just wondered if you launched and then in follow me mode started climbing would solo rise with you?
Sorry if this has been discussed else where but would be good to get clarification. Thanks
GPS is not used for altitude, barometer is. And there is currently not a way to know the altitude of the cell/tablet you are using. Solo will maintain altitude at the level when Follow was activated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc