Alpha 2.4 antennas worth it?

Reaction score
I've read thru the forum on the topic of these antennas and opinions are varied. Has anyone seen consistent improvements in range with these antennas? Is it best to use 1 in combination with the stock Solo antenna... or 2 Alphas?

Here's a sticky for you written by Matt that explains antenna's.

CLICK HERE

Please do not mix and match anything, unless you're in a cheap ass supermarket buying a 2 for 1 offer, you should never mix and match anything.

I would say it’s worth it for the 20 buckaroos ,it seems that I have more bars when flying,I usually fly within 1000 ‘ /1500 ‘ ,I personally like to keep my bird in sight just in case

Not sure what Alpha "2.4" antennas are, but if they the flat panel Alpha antenna that everyone on here has been using, then it is most definitely worth the $20 (or less) that they cost. In general, your range will double. So you buy a pair (they are matched to each other) of the Alphas, remove the stock antennas, and install the Alphas.

The range definitely improves with the Alfa’s.

For me, I stopped using them because they break easily (must duct tape) and they don’t fit in the backpack and must be removed each time.

The range definitely improves with the Alfa’s.

For me, I stopped using them because they break easily (must duct tape) and they don’t fit in the backpack and must be removed each time.
I just modified the backpack foam so the Alfas can stay installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle