All kinds of issues since recent update

Reaction score
This is the first time I have been truly frustrated....so I figured I would start on this forum.

1. How do you send in logs? (I know this is through the app, can it be done when the bird is not turned on?)
  2. After the big update, the first flight I COULD not lock in on enough GPS to fly. Did not think it was a big deal because I was somewhere new. Got to another location, and was able to fly. Low and behold, I could not start/stop the goPro from the 3DR app. I had to manually press the record button.
  3. I went to another location; could not lock in on enough GPS (still didn't think it was a big thing...)
  4. Today, flew in an area I always test fly. Lots of issues;
    1. Same issue with the goPro, no control through the app.
    2. Took forever to lock in on enough GPS to fly. Normally it finds it so fast I am not even ready to fly. Today was an absolute PERFECT day to fly. Zero wind, wide open in a golf resort.
    3. It wouldn't connect with the bird (the app, on an iPhone 6s). I had to shut everything down in order for it to connect to the bird. I've never had this happen.
    4. Battery time was freaking ridiculous. Had just charged the battery 5 days ago and had about 12 minutes flight time and the only thing I did was mess with the new cable cam. (Probably a solid 5 min start up time to find enough GPS)
    5. Put in a new battery. Found GPS right away but I had maybe 7 minutes of flying time and this time it was practicing in Fly: Manual. This is concerning.
    6. Now, the goPro could be turned on and off, but it was a black screen with no feed. I only knew it was start/stoping by the beep noise (of which it wouldn't do prior). I had powered it off, unplugged the connection, nothing. Did this a couple of times. Nothing.
Anyone else having any of the same issues? Like I said, this is only since the last big update. The good thing is it didn't go crazy and crash. The bad is pretty much everything else!

you should never fly batteries that have been sitting around for 5 days
always top off before flying
you don't need solo on to send a support ticket, the logs are in the controller

you should never fly batteries that have been sitting around for 5 days
always top off before flying
you don't need solo on to send a support ticket, the logs are in the controller
Well I've never charged batteries right before and never had an issue. Ok, how do you send from the controller?

Isn't there a method to send directly to 3DR? I wouldn't have a clue how to read these....nor do I care to learn at the moment....

Hi Stal- in order to send in a support ticket w/logs turn on Solo controller and your mobile device.
Go to Solo app- select "support" at the bottom of opening screen.
Select "contact us" at bottom right of next screen.
Select "contact support", center of next screen.
Select "other" then "next" on following screen.
Enter your email address on top of following screen. Enter a brief description of problem. Click "submit" at upper right of screen.
The following screen will send logs to 3DR.

Next: Wait to be contacted. You should almost immediately receive an automated response that they got your request and will get to you as soon as they can.

Be patient- plant a tree. Watch it grow as tall as it will grow. Wait for your 3 yr. old to graduate college. One day later you will get a response.

Just kidding- but it is taking a week or so to get a response.:(

By the way, since the latest update I am losing GPS every time I fly. It usually reconnects within a few seconds but has never happened before. Sometimes it will lose GPS several times during a flight.:mad:

By the way, since the latest update I am losing GPS every time I fly. It usually reconnects within a few seconds but has never happened before. Sometimes it will lose GPS several times during a flight.:mad:
That's odd MD. Since the latest update my locks have been faster than ever. I've never really had an issue with the GPS on the Solo, but since the last update I'm getting Ready To Fly immediately after the Searching message. I went flying at a new location about 1.5hrs away last weekend and it was getting locks very quickly.

That's odd MD. Since the latest update my locks have been faster than ever. I've never really had an issue with the GPS on the Solo, but since the last update I'm getting Ready To Fly immediately after the Searching message. I went flying at a new location about 1.5hrs away last weekend and it was getting locks very quickly.
I did the M8N upgrade a while back and have been very happy with it.
I'm still getting locks fairly quickly- I have never had GPS loss before.
Don't know if the M8N is not happy with the upgrade or not.

Yea I'm still running the seven, my gps seems improved and hasn't dropped out once since update. If this is common with the 8 it may be worth swapping them back out MD.

Oh and I've had great luck in my limited number of flights since the updates. The weathers starting to break, but it's still either rainy, windy or just ugly out so I've not flown a lot yet probably 10 flights though and zero issues thus far.

Yea I'm still running the seven, my gps seems improved and hasn't dropped out once since update. If this is common with the 8 it may be worth swapping them back out MD.
I hear that- I need to get some more, serious, flights in to shake this out.

This is the first time I have been truly frustrated....so I figured I would start on this forum.

I could not start/stop the goPro from the 3DR app. I had to manually press the record button.

THIS!

I just received my Solo Friday afternoon.
Charged batteries
Downloaded app
Power-up
Install updates
Shut everything down
Install GoPro H3+Black
Start app, transmitter, Solo
Specify my camera type in Solo app
I have FPV image, but NO camera control, and the camera icon above the start/stop record button has a slash through it.

I powered everything down (including the camera) and tried again. Still have FPV image, but no camera control.

Check HDMI cable, cycle power on GoPro, check HDMI cable again, verify GoPro settings are as recommended... still no joy.

Anyone except me and @Stal experiencing this?

I am also seeing the same issues. The GPS lock is taking forever - before it was super fast. It also has kicked off mid flight and gone to manual mode.
Per other messages i topped of all batteries before I flew, and I am seeing the same thing. It is sensing that the levels are lower.
I did a test today and after 10 min finaly it locked to 7 sats but then would not fly.
I am also seeing the same issue with the Gopro I have to manually start it for it to link the video.
I did send in a ticket
In the meantime any suggestions?
Thanks

1. How do you send in logs? (I know this is through the app, can it be done when the bird is not turned on?)
  2. After the big update, the first flight I COULD not lock in on enough GPS to fly. Did not think it was a big deal because I was somewhere new. Got to another location, and was able to fly. Low and behold, I could not start/stop the goPro from the 3DR app. I had to manually press the record button.
  3. I went to another location; could not lock in on enough GPS (still didn't think it was a big thing...)
    2. Took forever to lock in on enough GPS to fly. Normally it finds it so fast I am not even ready to fly. Today was an absolute PERFECT day to fly. Zero wind, wide open in a golf resort.
    3. It wouldn't connect with the bird (the app, on an iPhone 6s). I had to shut everything down in order for it to connect to the bird. I've never had this happen.
    4. Battery time was freaking ridiculous. Had just charged the battery 5 days ago and had about 12 minutes flight time and the only thing I did was mess with the new cable cam. (Probably a solid 5 min start up time to find enough GPS)
    5. Put in a new battery. Found GPS right away but I had maybe 7 minutes of flying time and this time it was practicing in Fly: Manual. This is concerning.
    6. Now, the goPro could be turned on and off, but it was a black screen with no feed. I only knew it was start/stoping by the beep noise (of which it wouldn't do prior). I had powered it off, unplugged the connection, nothing. Did this a couple of times. Nothing.
Anyone else having any of the same issues? Like I said, this is only since the last big update. The good thing is it didn't go crazy and crash. The bad is pretty much everything else![/QUOTE]

My apologize for contributing noise to this thread. Turns out in my case... I couldn't control the GoPro because I didn't have the gimbal installed yet. Apparently FPV is available without the gimbal, but camera controls are not. Tonight I installed the gimbal and everything is working as designed. Maiden flight this afternoon was puddin'. No problems. GPS lock on 13 sats in less than a minute, and all features worked as intended.

I am also seeing the same issues. The GPS lock is taking forever - before it was super fast. It also has kicked off mid flight and gone to manual mode.
Per other messages i topped of all batteries before I flew, and I am seeing the same thing. It is sensing that the levels are lower.
I did a test today and after 10 min finaly it locked to 7 sats but then would not fly.
I am also seeing the same issue with the Gopro I have to manually start it for it to link the video.
I did send in a ticket
In the meantime any suggestions?
Thanks

Anyone else having any of the same issues? Like I said, this is only since the last big update. The good thing is it didn't go crazy and crash. The bad is pretty much everything else!
[/QUOTE]
A few of the things you have listed here I have been having issues with as well. But I didn't really connect them to the update until just a few minutes ago while I was trying to re calibrate the " level" through the app.
1. I noticed that some times the ability to control the gopro does not work. The quick ( and easy ) solution is to unplug the HDMI, power down the gopro reseat the gopro in the gimbal and then
power back up. Solves it every time for me.
2.My GPS lock has been taking and un-usually long time as well. Have you every done a compass calibration? This may help with you GPS lock issues. However, make sure you are out in the open some where away from Metal and concrete as it might not calibrate well if you do not.
3. Battery time, As I understand the batteries do discharge and you really should store them @ 50% if you are not going to fly them the day you charge them.
4. I had some glitches today on my RTH. and and tip over crash. I to had done the update a few days ago but I havn't had any real flights since before the update.
One thing I noticed is after doing the update, and it asked me to reconnect to WIFI it would again alert me that their was a new update available.
I would repeat that and it would keep reverting back to thatI could never get it to go away even though the update completed every time. So I went to bed.
Today when I powered it up to fly it was gone. Sweet, well maybe not as I had crash. However, as I was doing my level calibration tonight I was got an error saying the the controller
wasn't connected to Solo... I noticed that in the app it now again said an update was available, I clicked on it installed it and it all worked. Now it says controller and Solo are on 2.1.0 with a green check mark. I believe this may eliminate all my issues. I was able to complete a successful level calibration. Tomorrow I will do another compass calibration.
I hope it all works out for you.

A few of the things you have listed here I have been having issues with as well. But I didn't really connect them to the update until just a few minutes ago while I was trying to re calibrate the " level" through the app.
1. I noticed that some times the ability to control the gopro does not work. The quick ( and easy ) solution is to unplug the HDMI, power down the gopro reseat the gopro in the gimbal and then
power back up. Solves it every time for me.
2.My GPS lock has been taking and un-usually long time as well. Have you every done a compass calibration? This may help with you GPS lock issues. However, make sure you are out in the open some where away from Metal and concrete as it might not calibrate well if you do not.
3. Battery time, As I understand the batteries do discharge and you really should store them @ 50% if you are not going to fly them the day you charge them.
4. I had some glitches today on my RTH. and and tip over crash. I to had done the update a few days ago but I havn't had any real flights since before the update.
One thing I noticed is after doing the update, and it asked me to reconnect to WIFI it would again alert me that their was a new update available.
I would repeat that and it would keep reverting back to thatI could never get it to go away even though the update completed every time. So I went to bed.
Today when I powered it up to fly it was gone. Sweet, well maybe not as I had crash. However, as I was doing my level calibration tonight I was got an error saying the the controller
wasn't connected to Solo... I noticed that in the app it now again said an update was available, I clicked on it installed it and it all worked. Now it says controller and Solo are on 2.1.0 with a green check mark. I believe this may eliminate all my issues. I was able to complete a successful level calibration. Tomorrow I will do another compass calibration.
I hope it all works out for you.[/QUOTE]
Just a quick comment on battery charging- the 50% recommendation is only when storing batteries for extended periods of time. (Say a month). I fully charge mine all the time. If I don't fly for a week or so, I will check and top them off if needed before flying.

Reactions: Robert Hunter
Only issue I have had came after the last update. The video feed is constantly interrupted or does not come up at all Everything else works awesome. Stock gps and it seems faster than ever. But that darn video feed just does not want to come up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea