ALL gimbals compatible with solo????

Reaction score
I'm really looking for a functional yet cheaper gimbal than the one 3DR says is for the Solo. Any suggestions on other functioning gimbals for Solo??

If you are looking for ready to go units there are none and I doubt there will be any fully functional Gopro controllable ones until 3DR develops options for it.

To make it work with the GoPro as the Solo gimbal does 3DR needs to develop the interface and push it out in the form of firmware.

I would not except anything like that this year. Be surprised anyway. o_O

Some guys are hacking other gimbals onto the Solo but they really don't have full smart shot capability (no gimbal tilt) and they cant control the GoPro.

If you are looking for ready to go units there are none and I doubt there will be any fully functional Gopro controllable ones until 3DR develops options for it.

To make it work with the GoPro as the Solo gimbal does 3DR needs to develop the interface and push it out in the form of firmware.

I would not except anything like that this year. Be surprised anyway. o_O

Some guys are hacking other gimbals onto the Solo but they really don't have full smart shot capability (no gimbal tilt) and they cant control the GoPro.
Even the Tarot gimbal that 3DR made for the IRIS wouldn't work for the solo?

There are no ready to go Gimbals for the Solo.

Keep in mind this is all new. Gopro integration via the Hero port is a first. So besides the gimbal all the software and everything needs to be developed as well.

Right now 3DR cant even ship their own gimbal. As I said, don't expect them to be developing options for other gimbals soon.

If you want a controllable GoPro you are just going to have to wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN CUERVO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc