Alaska is Cold

Reaction score
Hello from Glennallen, AK. My name is Ethan Endres And i just received my drone today, although it's -20 and way too cold to fly it, plus I don't have my GoPro yet.

Hi, Ethan, and welcome to the forum. When it warms up enough to fly, you sure live in a state with a lot of places to shoot some great video/pics. Hopefully we will see some of your endeavors sometime. A good thing to do until things thaw out a bit, is to become very familiar with the Solo owners manual. Good luck to you, and safe flying........when it warms up...;)

Hi, Ethan, and welcome to the forum. When it warms up enough to fly, you sure live in a state with a lot of places to shoot some great video/pics. Hopefully we will see some of your endeavors sometime. A good thing to do until things thaw out a bit, is to become very familiar with the Solo owners manual. Good luck to you, and safe flying........when it warms up...;)
Yeah its nice here too because I live pretty rural here, but just how warm does it have to be to fly? Because right now its like -20 F. I was thinking like above zero, but I don't want to mess up my new drone.

As long as the batteries can put out enough juice the temp won't matter much. But -20 might be pushing it.

Electronics work better when cold, but the battery...not so much. 3DR support has listed a temperature operating range for the batteries to be -4f to 140f. I suppose if you kept the battery inside your jacket until flight time you may get some use out of it if below -4.

Max

P.S., I grew up in northern Minnesota and I remember when it would be -20 hardly anything would work. Stay warm!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela