Aftermarket charger fro Solo controller battery

Reaction score
I bought a new Solo off Craigslist from a "not very bright" young man, he used the wrong charger (not sure how he managed) to charge the controller and fried the charger circuit. I've flown the Solo several times and everything works great, I love it. I just cannot charge the controller battery in the controller, as a matter of fact if I try, the controller discharges the battery. I'm looking for an after market charger to charge the controller battery. Any ideas? Thanks

Reactions: artsvdo
I bought a new Solo off Craigslist from a "not very bright" young man, he used the wrong charger (not sure how he managed) to charge the controller and fried the charger circuit. I've flown the Solo several times and everything works great, I love it. I just cannot charge the controller battery in the controller, as a matter of fact if I try, the controller discharges the battery. I'm looking for an after market charger to charge the controller battery. Any ideas? Thanks

3DR Charger for Solo Transmitter AP11A B&H Photo Video

The charger that plugs into the wall is fine, it puts out 8.3V, the charger circuit inside the controller is fried, I need a aftermarket charger I can charge the battery separately from the controller. Thanks

Has anyone found a way to change the 3DR Controller battery outside of the controller?
Or has anyone repair or found why the 3DR Controller will not change the controller battery?
My controller charger is fine I tested it with a multimeter and it puts out 8.33v

Otherwise I might have to order a replace controller.

Attachments

• 3DR_Controller_status_20170612_120623[1].jpg
    3DR_Controller_status_20170612_120623[1].jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 3DR_Controller_battery_20170612_115613[1].jpg
    3DR_Controller_battery_20170612_115613[1].jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 3DR_Controller_charger_20170612_115659[1].jpg
    3DR_Controller_charger_20170612_115659[1].jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 41
It sounds to me like you need to replace the controller's battery, no? That should be the simplest solution. (assuming he fried the battery with an aftermarket charger)

If you already have a generic Lipo charger, you could make up a charging harness to fit the battery. But that could be a pain to find the right connector.
If you don't already have a generic charger, buying one will likely cost as much or more than a totally new controller.
Your best option *might* be to just buy a new controller! I recently bought a spare controller from Solopartsdepot for $30. You'll fix your problem and end up with an extra controller battery to boot!
Keep your old controller for parts.

Reactions: skyhax and mikeo
I ended up purchasing a new controller that came with a controller battery and charger from solo parts depot. They were outstanding. 2 days turnaround from ordering to arriving.
After receiving my new controller I labelled both my old and new controller batteries and then switched them in the controllers. The new controller charged my old battery but the new controller could not charge the old battery.
So while my old controller works just not charges I contacted 3DR via email and they are replacing my controller. AWESOME!

Hi,
Has anyone heard about SoloPartsDepot ?
Website is down, and Chris Johnson does not reply to emails, and his Messenger account seems no more valid...
I do have a pending order... Not a big deal, but missing items...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421