Address already in use

Reaction score
After replacing a leg compus because of constant magnetic interference. When I try to connect to Solex I get’ Cannot connect already in use’ . The controler is perfectly happy with this and solo could care less. They are both saying ready to go. But can’t connect to Solo app. Any ideas.?

It seems like a wi-fi issue. When I tried to connect different devices without re-starting everything I would get this message. You can go into your device, the one running Solex, and forget the Solo wi-fi then restart everything. Find the Solo wi-fi signal and type in your password. Then try to connect to Solex app.
hope that helps.

Well no luck. I even changed devices. Full disclouser might help. This is a rebuild, with new mother and green cube an new controller. However, the wifi address remains the same as the "old" solo. It think the address is the same becaused the wifi card are from the old solo? I need the initial update for it, which i think i can get by loading Open Solo if i ever get that far. I have the patience of Jobe but this is trying it.

Open Solo is a different platform. It will not give you a Solo update but will change the software installed. You should fix this problem before trying to upgrade to OpenSolo.
I would 'forget' (erase) the old wi-fi address from the list in your network settings on your device. A Solo firmware update is not possible without the wi-fi connection.
It should connect as a new device. After fixing the Wi-fi issue you then should do a firmware update if you haven't done so in a while.
Are you using Solex or the Solo app?

Open Solo is a different platform. It will not give you a Solo update but will change the software installed. You should fix this problem before trying to upgrade to OpenSolo.
I would 'forget' (erase) the old wi-fi address from the list in your network settings on your device. A Solo firmware update is not possible without the wi-fi connection.
It should connect as a new device. After fixing the Wi-fi issue you then should do a firmware update if you haven't done so in a while.
Are you using Solex or the Solo app?
I agree with @divsrfsh fix the problem first, just right click on the the solo's wifi SSID in the network settings and select Forget then reconnect to the solo's SSID with the proper password, if that doesnt work its because you are using 2 devices with the same SSID and Password you would need to reset the Password or SSID on the Solo to something else which may be a little tough if you cant connect to via the apps The only way would be to reset the Solo that will reset the password and SSID . The stock solo password is "sololink" without quotations of course...

Last edited:
Thanks. I will give it a try and lets you know. Again thanks.

OK i understand. In fact I've tried this and the d--- thing comes right back but i have to log it in.
This should be easy but noooo. Ok, so i forget then type in sololink as the password

Sorry got cut off. To continue - what am i logging into. The same address comes up again (as it had in the past) i log in and im right back where i started. HOW do i change it?
Where does the name reside? If it was 1D6889 is that its name forever?
Now you know how dumb confused I am. This can't be as hard as i'm making it.

Sorry got cut off. To continue - what am i logging into. The same address comes up again (as it had in the past) i log in and im right back where i started. HOW do i change it?
Where does the name reside? If it was 1D6889 is that its name forever?
Now you know how dumb confused I am. This can't be as hard as i'm making it.
Maybe post up some screenshots so we can see what you're describing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela