About those Best Buy Refurbished Units for $199...

Reaction score
It arrived yesterday. If you didn't get one and you're disappointed, don't be. I was on my way to the closest Best Buy store in less than-an-hour after I opened that huge box to return it.

It really looked like it was piece-of-junk that was thrown together. Here's what I got:

- A battery that was completely shot (no charge at all and it wouldn't take a charge)
- A battery that was completely missing from the controller
- The GPS cover wasn't completely snapped back into place (which made me think that whoever returned it probably switched out the GPS board before they got their money back)
- The controller wouldn't pair up with the Solo (nor would the controller from my "parts" Solo pair up)

It was so bad that it was laughable. Seriously, I would typically be pissed at something like this but I guess because this was supposed to be back up unit I didn't really care. The only thing that I'm bummed about is that the backpack is really nice. So if you missed out on that "deal" and regret it--don't.

I received mine in perfect condition. Coulndn't be happier with the purchase. Sorry yours didn't work out

Reactions: Z953
Believe you, but any pictures of errors or bad packaging?

The packaging was great (all of the plastic protectors and wrappings were on) and I was really excited when I first opened the backpack; it was all of the components that sucked and made it junk. You might be able to see that the GPS cover isn't quite snapped in completely in the last picture that I uploaded (it wasn't until after I took that particular picture that things started to go downhill).

I actually did start recording video of booting up the Solo but of course the battery was completely shot so I deleted that video thinking that I would start another one when I figured out what happened. I have the other two attempts of pairing the Solo & controller but those look dumb because nothing happens in them. I figure uploading them to YouTube then linking them is a waste of time.

Attachments

• IMG_20170612_153316298.jpg
    IMG_20170612_153316298.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20170612_153437115.jpg
    IMG_20170612_153437115.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20170612_153648329_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170612_153648329_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
I received mine in perfect condition. Coulndn't be happier with the purchase. Sorry yours didn't work out

I wish that I could say the same. No biggie though, I got my money back.

My experience has been good so far. Packaged well. Drone and controller looks new. Still had plastic on battery and controller.

My experience has been good so far. Packaged well. Drone and controller looks new. Still had plastic on battery and controller.
That's EXACTLY how mine looked... Until I tried to get the damn thing working. I'd try to at least test fly it once so that you know that it's all good.

Sorry you got a lemon. Mine had everything that it should have. Looked untouched and flew just fine on my first flight test. Didn't hold position all that well but I was in my front yard with a lot of tree cover and never did get a great gps/hdop connection.

OK, you got you $$ back good deal. Very few ever got bad deal. Those that couldn't produce a Service Ticket "Send Logs" for inspection.
There was times it was user error & they still replaced items.

I got mine and the only problem was the hdmi in the gimbal wouldn’t work. I took out the gimbal and connected the hdmi cable straight to my GoPro. It was actually worth buying another gimbal then paying 350 for the same package.

Do I need to do this if the hdmi cable in the drone works fine? The problem is the hdmi cable in the gimbal.

Nevermind, I just noticed what you mean, if I pull out the hdmi cable to far the connection doesn’t work. I just made the wire tighter and connected it back to my gimbal and now it works fine. Thanks for your help!

Had me scared. As mine went into the closet as backups.

Just went back and checked them. Mine have never even been out of the bag. Flew great.

I got a refurb from 3DR and it was great. No backpack but paid about $170 +shipping. No sure if they have any left.

Just got my refurb and it's in perfect shape except for the battery which looks like it was dropped (in a crash) and yet still has the plastic on it which itself is in perfect condition. Wierd. Honestly it's in better shape than the open box one I bought for $225. Flies perfect. I'm planning to get two more if I can manage it. With gimbals for all four I will be at just under $1k (not including cameras). 4 prosumer grade drones for the price of one new drone. Still shaking my head over this.

Just got my refurb and it's in perfect shape except for the battery which looks like it was dropped (in a crash) and yet still has the plastic on it which itself is in perfect condition. Wierd. Honestly it's in better shape than the open box one I bought for $225. Flies perfect. I'm planning to get two more if I can manage it. With gimbals for all four I will be at just under $1k (not including cameras). 4 prosumer grade drones for the price of one new drone. Still shaking my head over this.
I got my refurb from 3DR...Outside of the old GPS and shield, I am quite happy with it. it flew just fine. Already took the v-A GPS and shield out and replaced with the v-B versions.

Glad to see B.B. refunded your money....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986