A government operation: Delete your drone registration, $5 FAA refunds

Reaction score
Registration Deletion

The FAA has now created a process and form to cancel the registration they should have never made you do in the first place and give you back your $5. In true government fashion, you will need to print out a 3 page form, fill out all your personal information, provide bank routing information, and send it by postal mail it to the FAA.

If you accidentally paid a consulting service $25 to submit your $5 registration for you, you can still get your $5 back :)

Reactions: Maddog
Is there a benefit to having it still registered?

I would be careful about doing that. The current national debt is at 20 trillion and climbing which comes out to 170k$ per taxpayer. If we all ask for our 5$ back it could be the last straw and force the government into bankruptcy . Then we will all have to pay to bail them out just like Illinois .

Reactions: Beanyland and SARDG
I would be careful about doing that. The current national debt is at 20 trillion and climbing which comes out to 170k$ per taxpayer. If we all ask for our 5$ back it could be the last straw and force the government into bankruptcy . Then we will all have to pay to bail them out just like Illinois .

That's assuming everyone in America has a drone registered! Probably not that drastic.

It might be worth noting that the registration rollback applies only to those flying under section 336 for recreational or hobby use. If flying under part 107 non-hobbyist rules, the small UAS registration is still required.

I'm aware of the national debt.. I'm just saying drone registration refunds alone won't crash the stock market, were a drop of a drop in the bucket tbh.
Sorry I meant this as a joke . My wife doesn't get my jokes either it must be me .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela