3DR warranty timeframe

Reaction score
Just a quick question on how long it has taken owners to get their warranty acted on and a replacement Solo delivered after a crash that puts your bird out of action.

It seems to take an exceedingly long time for anything to happen here in Australia.

Had a crash on the morning of 11th of January. It seems to be an ESC failure, it just dropped out of the sky after spinning around on its way south.

Reported the crash on the Solo app. Got a 'please give us more details' email back not long afterwards, obviously a stock prepared email, with a 72 hour timeframe for action on their part.

I reply to that and answer the questions.

3 days later I get an email saying we will get back to you shortly, more or less.

I reply and say sure no worries, hear from you ASAP.

Few days ago, I follow up after hearing nothing at all since, and say guys its been like 9 days since the crash and nothing at all has happened from your end.

3 days after I send that email, I get an email back which is the carbon copy of the first 'we will get back to you shortly' email.

Its now been nearly 2 weeks and no sign of anything happening in sight.

Whats going on? Am I expecting too much? Any light that can be shed would be appreciated.

The times I've needed a warranty replacement, it took about 2 weeks from time I shipped it out of my house to the time the replacement arrived at my door. But that was back before Chris Anderson torpedoed his own company and staff was severely reduced. And I'm the USA. So I can't say I'm surprised.

Reactions: Chardia
Try using the on-line chat feature on their site. Yesterday they helped me self-repair an internal problem on my Solo, answering within a minute of me getting on the chat box. I know yours is physical damage, but they should be able to answer your service questions. You just have to try them between 8AM and 5PM Pacific Standard Time. As P2P mentioned, they've cut their staff significantly.

Good point. I should note that I always hit them up on chat the day after I submitted a ticket to get the process moved along faster. And simply to verify they received it since the automated system sometimes sucks.

Reactions: Chardia
thanks folks. I am not sure how the time zone differences work as I dont know anyone in the USA that I talk to, but its probably about 1am here when the chat is open during their business hours. I guess its better to try that than get worked up about them not responding in any way at all via email. If nothing comes through on the email today, I will attempt it and see how it goes.

There have been significant issues with the 3DR distributor here in Australia at the end of last year, which I posted on here about, so now is a good time to see how much of a backwater they treat people standing the right way up on the planet.

hmmmm just so we all know its about 3 weeks at the moment before an engineer can even begin to look at anyones flight log information. funny thing is they are blaming bestbuy for the proliferation of Solos around, and for the amount of additional crashes that are happening... point a finger, any finger I suppose...

hmmmm just so we all know its about 3 weeks at the moment before an engineer can even begin to look at anyones flight log information. funny thing is they are blaming bestbuy for the proliferation of Solos around, and for the amount of additional crashes that are happening... point a finger, any finger I suppose...

Hehe... Well they are correct in that every time Best Buy drops the price to $299US we snap them up in droves! :)

Had a crash on the morning of 11th of January. It seems to be an ESC failure, it just dropped out of the sky after spinning around on its way south.

Chardia, have you posted your log files somewhere for community review? If not, that may provide you some peer feedback while you await 3DR action. There are folks on diydrones.com that are masters at interpreting log files. By their title it's clear they are DIY folks, but I'm sure someone there would be willing to look. There are probably pilots here on 3DRPilots able to do that as well.

dont be too shocked, there have been a couple of posts on FB that pretty much prove BB is reboxing returns
all retailers do it, and in some cases defective returns are being resold

First time around ~2 months - waiting for replacement GoPro H4B. 2nd time ~3 weeks. No GoPro replacement available.

I think I read a statement from 3DR saying they are not replacing GoPro's any more
Good luck though

Aussie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela