3DR solo will not pair with controller

Reaction score
I press the pair buttons it does nothing when I press it just a green light is on inside the hole next to pair button. I had to do a factory reset because I forgot my solo Wi-Fi password. Can anybody help me I check to see if the ss card was loose on dron and controller both are fine I also checked to see if the ss cards have information on them and they do. So what can I do

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
If you did a factory reset, did you leave the drone along for about 10 minutes and allow it to reset itself 3 times (which is part of the process). Sometimes people don't allow enough time for the whole factory reset to take place in which case, their drone will not pair with the controller as it's still in the process of a factory reset.

I press the pair buttons it does nothing when I press it just a green light is on inside the hole next to pair button. I had to do a factory reset because I forgot my solo Wi-Fi password. Can anybody help me I check to see if the ss card was loose on dron and controller both are fine I also checked to see if the ss cards have information on them and they do. So what can I do
Having the same problem with a brand new out of the box Solo. It was suggested that maybe it was the WiFi card. I’m going to check mine this weekend and hope it’s an easy fix. I’ll let you know

Having the same problem with a brand new out of the box Solo. It was suggested that maybe it was the WiFi card. I’m going to check mine this weekend and hope it’s an easy fix. I’ll let you know
The wife card on the solo or on the controller?

i would think that if your tablet can see the controller then the wifi card is fine in that. but just a fyi ipads do not work on the solo no more right now. i went to the 3dr solo app on my ipad/iphone and it could not find the solo's controller but when i used any andriod device it finds the controller. but still cant connect to the solo itself

I had that same problem when I did a factory reset BUT after watching the controller I got the message that the FIRMWARE versions were NOT the Same... I had to reinstall the same version of the firmware on BOTH the controller micro sd card and drone sd card before I could get pass the pairing issue

but just a fyi ipads do not work on the solo no more right now.

That must depend on which iPad/iPhone version you have and/or which iOS version you have, because I fly my Solo every day using an iPad Mini (using the 3DR Solo app no less!) and it works just fine. My iPad Mini is version 4, and it's running iOS version 12.4.

That must depend on which iPad/iPhone version you have and/or which iOS version you have, because I fly my Solo every day using an iPad Mini (using the 3DR Solo app no less!) and it works just fine. My iPad Mini is version 4, and it's running iOS version 12.4.
That’s what I use also. IPad mini 4

Weird I have iPad mini 5 and it won’t work. Don’t know why that is. Hopefully someone can figure it out because I like the ipad way more then the androids

Since I am new to 3DR Solo (just bought the 4th one off EBay from those who are getting out within the last 3 weeks) but not to FPV builds I did come across some posts about issues with the IOS and Solo app. Just looking at the 3DR company dropping what I can now say since I now had one to test for about a week the Solo was a good project and build - much better than the DJI project that came out just before the 3DR Solo was released. In today's cell phone technology - the Wifi is changing between the 2.4 vs 5 Ghz bands - thus pushing the 5 Ghz for faster Wifi connections. The receiving device operating system/hardware has to detect and shift according to the source Wifi it is trying to connect - 3DR Solo still uses 2.4 - so the receiving device must detect accordingly for the app to work. Since most older Android systems are just 2.4 Ghz on the Wifi - and Solo / Solex botha are optimize on Open System - is why I lean toward the Android system because no-one needs the added aggravation to try to figure out issues beyond control with new updates/releases from manufacturers who interest does not meet what you needs. (I use the IOS devices for what the intended design of its development because of my better half - easy to use communication devices)

ok so i got my solo working with my ipad now and also have the solo updated and flying i will post instructions on how i did it.

Before you do all of this i actually used 2 other micro sd cards that are at least 8gb or more just in case something got messed up and i still had the old sd cards that came with the solo. if you do mess up on you will just have to reformat the sd cards and start over for which ever device you messed up on. But this does work as long as you have no other issues with your controller or solo like the wifi card, or etc.

step one: is to remove the sd cards from the controller and the solo keep them separate so you know which one is which when you do this update.

step two go to this site OpenSolo/documentation and follow all the steps so downloading 7 zip and win32 and follow all the other information on that page.

step three: this is where you get the solo sd card image for the solo and the controller, OpenSolo/documentation scroll to the bottom and you will see Open.Solo.3.0.0.CONTROLLER.SD.Card.Image.7z and Open.Solo.3.0.0.COPTER.SD.Card.Image.7z download both of them it will take a little while. then when they are downloaded you need to unzip them so use 7zip by right clicking on each one of the files to where ever it download to when thats done then open up win32. When you have win32 open make sure you have the sd card in your computer you are going to use for the controller or solo and click the browse but to find the unzip file for which ever one you are updating first and open it then write it to the sd card, when it is finished do the same thing for the other sd.

step four: now you need to put the right sd cards in the controller and solo then put everything back together once done let both devices power on and do there thing after they cycle up turn them back off.

step five: Now this is where you will do a factory reset to both so on the controller with it off hold the power and fly button until you see updating on the screen,then let it do its thing do not rush it. Now on the solo turn it upside down take off the gimbal if you have the motorized one, then you will have to get a tooth pic and place it in the hole next to the pair button after you feel it push in then turn on the solo and keep holding the pair button you should see the orange light start flashing fast then you can let go. same thing do onot rush it let it do its update it will finish you should see lights changing soon and noises being made it took mine 20 minutes to update.

step six: now once both are updated for sure turn them both back off and then back on, then when they both boot up press the pair button on the solo until you see solo detected on the controller once you do press a and b at the same time and they will start paring. once they are paired you will have to calibrate the compass and level the drone there will be instrustions on what to do on your tablet to finish the process.

step seven: After all that you should be ready to fly and have fun.

Total agree with the detailed steps Woods described above... especially saving the org sd cards and using new ones - just to have a backup in case something goes wrong... Well documented in detailed Woods...

thank you very much. just trying to help people with there drones i know they cost to much to be just a brick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc