3dr solo pid tuning

Reaction score
I fly multi's for a lot of years now. In every footage of the solo i see there is a nasty bounce / vibe in the solo. If you fly it and look at the legs you see them vibrate a lot. That't not good. Even after balancing everything you still see that vibe. So it has to be pids that are inducing the vibes. You can also here all solo's whining / resonating while flying. Did anyone ever experiment with pid tuning?

Reactions: J R
Hello.

1. Install gimbal correctly so data cable will not touch any component.
2. Replace original hdmi cable with ribbon.
3. Put sorbothane pieces on motherboard - U will find how/where/what on this forum
4. Balance props - blades and hub
5. Balance your motors if necessary
6. Set gopro video settings manually 25 fps / 50 shutter speed or 50 fps / 100 shutter speed
7. Use ND filters on gopro

Then you will see that vibrations are less below 1% ( video after stabilization will not be resized more than 1% )

Enjoy :)

Then either you will use gopro software stabilization - which does not exist on gp4 ;)
Or you can use better gimbal - which does not exist for solo ;)
Or you can wait when 3dr will release gimbal code so some volunteer from community will try to improve code :)

Which will you chose?

Nope I go for option 4 there are oscilations by pids. just compare manualy vs loiter in vibes in the frame. You also here the oscilations and that's what we are seeing in the gimbal footage. It's either the esc's or pids. Motors are descent enough.

If you want to alter the PID values, you're welcome to do so. The procedure is the same as any other AC based multirotor.

yes I know, i will start tuning when the weather gets better. But there must have been more people that have tried tuning the solo

yes I know, i will start tuning when the weather gets better. But there must have been more people that have tried tuning the solo

Only the brave maybe. 3DR may not replace the Solo if you tune something that alters the Solo's behavior and cause it to crash.

Good luck on your adventure if you decide to test this for us and let us know the results! If you're successful, it would be great information to share.

I don't think anyone has ever tried, which means nobody has ever felt it necessary. You can use the autotune too if you want.

I was wondering about that. How would we engage autotune from the solo?

Well prior to 2.4, you could set the RC7 function for Autotune. Long pressing pause will toggle RC7 high and low. But now that long pressing pause engages rewind, you can't do that anymore. So now you would need to use Tower or Mission Planner to send the command. Which I have never tried to do but I believe it's there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc