SOLD! 3DR Solo Package + lots of extras, 5 batteries, gimbal, case, etc - $300 obo for drone

Reaction score
Selling my Solo. This was going to be my mapping drone for the farm but I'm using a service now that comes with multi-spectral mapping. I want to sell all the Solo stuff together. I'm fine keeping the cameras or selling them, but I definitely don't want to sell the GoPro's without selling the Solo. I would prefer to sell the Mapir and Gitup with the Solo but could be convinced to sell them separate.
Here's the inventory:
-3DR Solo with gimbal, with mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N installed, with the improved gps shield (from 3DR), with probably less than 40 flights. Running Open Solo on stock cube.
-5 batteries, two are brand new and still sealed in their retail boxes, one has barely been used (maybe 3 flights), and two that have been used but work fine.
-3DR backpack
-8 Master AirScrew Props (4 green, 4 orange)
-All the stuff that came with the Solo like the original landing gear feet (the taller 3DR ones are on it), original GoPro mount, accessory bay cover, GoPro sunshade, etc.
-Some extra stuff I got when I purchased some stuff from a member here and he threw extras in. Replacement legs, blades, and LED covers. The leg and prop boxes are still sealed.
-Still sealed in package Alfa antennas.
-Accessory bay mount for Mapir camera. Pictured on the drone. I used the zip tie to lock it in position where it is shooting straight down with the drone flying forward.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a set of PolarPro ND filters with a PolarPro case. They are in the first pic and the pic in the case.

EDIT 2: If you notice the clear tape on the gimbal, it's balanced for the GoPro's with the PolarPro filters on them. I followed what I saw people on here were doing. One weight on the regular gimbal weight mount, and one over on the front of the gimbal under tape. Balances perfect with the camera and filter. Also takes just a second to remove if flying without the filter.

EDIT 3: If it helps, I was thinking price-wise $300 OBO + shipping for the Solo and all the Solo accessories/parts, minus the cameras.

Edit 4: I forgot to mention, there are actually two controller chargers included.

Cameras
-Mapir Survey 2 NDVI camera (I have the box for this as well), bought from a forum member here. I used it three or four times, not sure how much he did. It worked fine for me.
-Mapir calibration target for NDVI camera.
-Gitup camera. Came with the Mapir. He said he installed a non-fisheye lens but hadn't focused it. I haven't done anything with it.
-GoPro Hero 4 Black. Works great, but has a chip out of the faceplate. The damage was caused by a previous drone's gimbal (Typhoon G, which I still have and would be willing to part with for very little). Works great. It has been used a fair amount in and out of the drones, but has no other issues other than the cosmetic damage. Peaupro sells replacement faceplates cheap.
-GoPro Hero 4 Black with Peaupro non-fisheye lens. Purchased from a forum member here. Works great.
-4 batteries for GoPro, 2 are GoPro, 2 are Refuel brand (Best Buy).
-Refuel dual slot GoPro battery charger.
-LCD backpack.
-Extended battery backpack.
-GoPro remote control
-GoPro protective case and various back doors.
-The Mapir and the Gitup each have a battery.

Make me an offer. I don't use this drone, it's just sitting around. Everything works.

Some background on the Solo. I bought one when they were first getting clearanced at BHPhoto. Within a few months, the IMU failed (wouldn't calibrate level). Sent it to 3DR, and this is the drone that came back (different serial number). I would assume it was refurbished, but it could have been old stock, I don't know. When you send them in for warranty work, you have to ship everything back in original box (including 1 battery and charger). The battery that came back with it was bad. It would drop very quickly after 50%. I discovered the issue while shooting tornado damage video for the county EMA office. The Solo went from 40% battery to shut-off in less than 10 seconds, while still in the air. It didn't drop, but swerved to the side and landed in some spindly tree branches. No noticeable damage other than a missing LED cover and 3 broken props. I replaced the blades and LED cover and all was fine. Not long after, the IMU went again, but it was out of warranty. I purchased a black cube from a member here who had upgraded to green cube. It has now been upgraded to Open Solo on the new stock cube. Worked great. But I just don't need it anymore.

As a note, the bad battery is not included in the pics or inventory. I believe I do still have it, which would make 6 batteries total if you want it for something.

Attachments

• PXL_20201024_234822604.jpg
    PXL_20201024_234822604.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20201024_234832906.jpg
    PXL_20201024_234832906.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20201024_234930912.jpg
    PXL_20201024_234930912.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20201024_235024441.jpg
    PXL_20201024_235024441.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20201024_235422861.jpg
    PXL_20201024_235422861.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20201025_000524409.jpg
    PXL_20201025_000524409.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20201025_000530235.jpg
    PXL_20201025_000530235.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Selling my Solo. This was going to be my mapping drone for the farm but I'm using a service now that comes with multi-spectral mapping. I want to sell all the Solo stuff together. I'm fine keeping the cameras or selling them, but I definitely don't want to sell the GoPro's without selling the Solo. I would prefer to sell the Mapir and Gitup with the Solo but could be convinced to sell them separate.
Here's the inventory:
-3DR Solo with gimbal, with mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N installed, with the improved gps shield (from 3DR), with probably less than 40 flights. Running Open Solo on stock cube.
-5 batteries, two are brand new and still sealed in their retail boxes, one has barely been used (maybe 3 flights), and two that have been used but work fine.
-3DR backpack
-All the stuff that came with the Solo like the original landing gear feet (the taller 3DR ones are on it), original GoPro mount, accessory bay cover, GoPro sunshade, etc.
-Some extra stuff I got when I purchased some stuff from a member here and he threw extras in. Replacement legs, blades, and LED covers. The leg and prop boxes are still sealed.
-Accessory bay mount for Mapir camera. Pictured on the drone. I used the zip tie to lock it in position where it is shooting straight down with the drone flying forward.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a set of PolarPro ND filters with a PolarPro case. They are in the first pic and the pic in the case.

EDIT 2: If you notice the clear tape on the gimbal, it's balanced for the GoPro's with the PolarPro filters on them. I followed what I saw people on here were doing. One weight on the regular gimbal weight mount, and one over on the front of the gimbal under tape. Balances perfect with the camera and filter. Also takes just a second to remove if flying without the filter.

EDIT 3: If it helps, I was thinking price-wise $300 OBO + shipping for the Solo and all the Solo accessories/parts, minus the cameras.

Cameras
-Mapir Survey 2 NDVI camera (I have the box for this as well), bought from a forum member here. I used it three or four times, not sure how much he did. It worked fine for me.
-Gitup camera. Came with the Mapir. He said he installed a non-fisheye lens but hadn't focused it. I haven't done anything with it.
-GoPro Hero 4 Black. Works great, but has a chip out of the faceplate. The damage was caused by a previous drone's gimbal (Typhoon G, which I still have and would be willing to part with for very little). Works great. It has been used a fair amount in and out of the drones, but has no other issues other than the cosmetic damage. Peaupro sells replacement faceplates cheap.
-GoPro Hero 4 Black with Peaupro non-fisheye lens. Purchased from a forum member here. Works great.
-LCD backpack.
-GoPro remote control

Make me an offer. I don't use this drone, it's just sitting around. Everything works.

Some background on the Solo. I bought one when they were first getting clearanced at BHPhoto. Within a few months, the IMU failed (wouldn't calibrate level). Sent it to 3DR, and this is the drone that came back (different serial number). I would assume it was refurbished, but it could have been old stock, I don't know. When you send them in for warranty work, you have to ship everything back in original box (including 1 battery and charger). The battery that came back with it was bad. It would drop very quickly after 50%. I discovered the issue while shooting tornado damage video for the county EMA office. The Solo went from 40% battery to shut-off in less than 10 seconds, while still in the air. It didn't drop, but swerved to the side and landed in some spindly tree branches. No noticeable damage other than a missing LED cover and 3 broken props. I replaced the blades and LED cover and all was fine. Not long after, the IMU went again, but it was out of warranty. I purchased a black cube from a member here who had upgraded to green cube. It has now been upgraded to Open Solo on the new stock cube. Worked great. But I just don't need it anymore.

As a note, the bad battery is not included in the pics or inventory. I believe I do still have it, which would make 6 batteries total if you want it for something.
How much are you asking for it?

Here's the inventory:
-3DR backpack

Cameras
-LCD backpack.
-GoPro remote control

Do you still have it for sale?

I want the whole package..
Could you organise the postage to the UK?

My whatsapp contact detail is +27846669442
I tried messaging that number and haven't heard anything back so I'm assuming you are no longer interested?

So if anyone else is, the drone is still available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo