3DR Solo in Alaska - Salmon Lodge video

Reaction score
I love the Solo. I have two and took both to Alaska to shoot a marketing video for the Alagnak Lodge. Never used the backup Solo. Using the Solo to artfully tell a story is incredible. Ariel footage, when used properly, not overdone can take your work to the next level.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
If I can help you in any way just let me know. If you are planning on doing complete video work the drone is only a tool and a piece of what makes video look so amazing. Being able to be proficient in all aspects of video, shooting, editing, camera, GoPro's, audio production, voiceover work is and can be very rewarding.

Here's another piece, a tourism piece for Wickenburg, Arizona... the "Roping Capital of the World". Utilizing the Solo and using it correctly, not over-doing it brings a piece to life.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!
ahhhh, I love these movies. despite being Italian, I like to see American history, the lives of its people, the areas full of nature. I collect meteors, and I always watch America as an immense and unexplored country. my eyes are filled with joy to see your country corners. and you're really nice, you do not even know me and you're willing to help me. what to say??? thanks, and maybe it's a little. I've always loved to fly even though I have never set foot in the air, I love filming, photographing, as I love astronomy with its rockets ... so the drone is the dream, because I enclose it all in it. there are lots of drones for sale, some very famous, but since the 3dr was only presented, I loved him! first for aesthetics, then for being updateable in the future (I hope it is). but I also have the fear of having problems, or that I, who have no experience, destroy it in a first flight. I should come from amazon in the next few days, but I still have no room, no extra batteries. I would like to get the originals, because I'm afraid the others are having trouble. I took the extra legs, to raise the drone from the ground, then I will buy the mro module to improve the gps. other? I do not know :)

That is very nice.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona USA and still some areas, like this little town called Wickenburg is all cowboy. Every February Wickenburg hosts it's annual Gold Rush Days culminating in it's rodeo. I announce the parade every year and then take my camera to get shots of the rodeo. Here's another piece of American History I shot this past April. It's called the DC Ride... These riders where men spend a week on a 100 mile ride. The scenery here is spectacular and the only place in this country that features this type of ride.

Where in Italy do you live? I've never been here and would love to see some of your work if you have gotten that far. If not and you need help I meant that when I say I'll help you. I have been lucky enough to have people help me. That's just part of paying it forward. You can see and hear more of my work at www.SteveWood.com.

If you're learning how to fly a Solo these were my very first flights and I created a turtorial on that experience from the local high school where my kids graduated from.

By the way, I also love astronomy, rockets, space etc. I am old enough to remember Apollo 11 with Neil Armstrong walking on the moon. I was eight years old and that is still a powerful memory for me.

ohhh... but you are a famous person!!! :) nice to meet you.
you've had a life full of satisfaction, I suppose your children are also proud of you. Well, I could not see landing on the moon, my parents did not even think of me at that time. I'm 36, and this year we did an event with the 11-foot saturn5 rocket reproduction for children and adults at a mall, along with my meteorite show. I believe that you Americans are lucky to see the history of the machines that took us to space. no, I still have not done any work, we'll see in the future. today I have heard with our flight agency, just like your FAA, and told me that there is dinghy license, very expensive, then insurance and you can not fly without any previous documentation sent weeks ago. SHAMEFUL!!! there are no problems only if drones weighing less than 300 grams are used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421