3dr solo gimbal tilt problem no issue [ FIX IT SOLVED!!!]

Reaction score
hello
my drone 3dr solo worked very well.... (15 flights) but after no connections with the controller so i' ve removed the battery's controler (rc remote)for 1 minute and my problem is apparead:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i can't use the manual button(the button is working) but i can't stay at the indicated angle of view only have 90° or 0° worked (not easy to make videos)
and if i indicate an angle between 90 and 0°, for example 80° or 45° degres on the controler ,3 secondes after the camera fall face down at 0° always
the camera is very good gyrostabilised but i can't stay at the indicated angle :
i ve tried all things :

-stick calibration procédure : link pdf :
http://thepaperfile.com/public/3dr/calibration.sticks.windows.pdf nothing the camera fall in 0°

- 3DR Solo Factory Reset & Initial Setup : link video :

- i've made the factory reset with the gimbal connected
- i've made the level calibration
- i've made the compass calibration
- i 've tried with an another gimbal ( it's working very well on the other 3dr solo but when i've mounted it on MY solo this new gimbal NOT working)
after this all things
i' always can't established an angle view between 90 ° et 0°
i'm very disappointed,:(:(:(:(:( i don't know how to fix this problem
can you help me please?

one last thing to do :
link video :

what do you think ?? i'll apprecaite all information to fix this problem
thanks you very much

sorry about my poor english!:confused:

Last edited:
I recently had a similar issue after a minor crash. My gimbal would not pan down when I hit the trigger. However, when I went into a smart shot it would sometimes give me full control, and others it would let me pan down for a couple seconds and then move itself back up to 90 degrees. Unfortunately I never found a fix but b&h is offering to replace it for me. The only temporary fix for mine (not sure if it'll work for you) is jumping into a smartshot, angling the camera where you want it, and then quickly leaving the smartshot to fly mode so the gimbal is fixed in that angle. Obviously not an ideal fix, but the only advice I have.

Reactions: satanas56

thank you very much jimloos!!:):):) it's working very well !
finaly i'm looking for a solution since 2 weeks

i've followed your link and i resolve it with tower, with the second solution indicates! so good!!

because
just a little modification to access to the full parameter list there is a modification in arducopter :

upload_2017-8-18_11-28-11.jpeg
upload_2017-8-18_11-28-39.jpeg
upload_2017-8-18_11-29-1.jpeg

and COOOLL it's working!!
reboot and make a compass calibration and a level calibration
all is good my gimbal work fine finally

thanks you very much jimloss

I recently had a similar issue after a minor crash. My gimbal would not pan down when I hit the trigger. However, when I went into a smart shot it would sometimes give me full control, and others it would let me pan down for a couple seconds and then move itself back up to 90 degrees. Unfortunately I never found a fix but b&h is offering to replace it for me. The only temporary fix for mine (not sure if it'll work for you) is jumping into a smartshot, angling the camera where you want it, and then quickly leaving the smartshot to fly mode so the gimbal is fixed in that angle. Obviously not an ideal fix, but the only advice I have.

thank you for your help
sorry about your littlecrash but test the reset parameter like tell me jimloss
it's working for me! i'll hope it'll work for you
good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela