3dr solo battery not charging and 3dr not backing there product

Reaction score
Good morning I am new to the form and I signed up to see if anyone here has the same problem I do. I have a 3dr solo drone and love the drone but i have not had it more than a month and my battery stopped charging. I contacted 3dr and there help desk emailed me back telling me the reason my battery wont charge is because the charger box damaged the battery. I ask how that was possible and i thought you need to plug it in to the charger box to charge the battery. I then emailed them about any warranty options and there response was I was S.O.L and to buy a new battery. I only had the drone for a month and the response from the manufacturer was i was shit out of luck. I am very upset and mad that 3dr will not back there product. I know DJI backs there product I should have gone with them.

Can you provide more detail on what kind of problem you are having? What are the battery lights doing?
One thing you might try is plugging in the battery while continually pressing the battery power button. Some have reported this sometimes helps.
Also to address the 3DR warranty issue, it is common knowledge that 3DR is OUT of the consumer drone business and has liquidated all stock to pay its debts. I'm surprised that they provide any warranty coverage at all. Although I've never contacted 3DR for warranty work, a vast number of people have said on these forums that they are very reasonable (if not a bit slow).

Can you provide more detail on what kind of problem you are having? What are the battery lights doing?
One thing you might try is plugging in the battery while continually pressing the battery power button. Some have reported this sometimes helps.
Also to address the 3DR warranty issue, it is common knowledge that 3DR is OUT of the consumer drone business and has liquidated all stock to pay its debts. I'm surprised that they provide any warranty coverage at all. Although I've never contacted 3DR for warranty work, a vast number of people have said on these forums that they are very reasonable (if not a bit slow).
Andrew I would put my battery on the charger and the light on the charger would stay green and the battery indicator would flash one led rapid for 3 seconds then shut off

If you went with DJI...you would have shelled out about another grand for a drone as well...their customer service sucks too.....so take $60 and buy yourself another battery and go have fun....while battling 3dr for a replacement battery if they even have one

Also, it's obvious you're not telling us the whole story here. They don't just tell people "ha ha, too bad, so sad, I'm glad" on a product that is within the warranty period. And that includes chargers and batteries. So why don't you tell us the rest of the story you're leaving out. Bought on eBay? Or from a retailer that is not one of 3DR's retailers?

Also, it's obvious you're not telling us the whole story here. They don't just tell people "ha ha, too bad, so sad, I'm glad" on a product that is within the warranty period. And that includes chargers and batteries. So why don't you tell us the rest of the story you're leaving out. Bought on eBay? Or from a retailer that is not one of 3DR's retailers?
The tech support told me it was the charger and not the battery i put my meter on the charger and the output is normal I put my meter on the battery and I get no output

Clearly that's not it. You're not telling us what 3DR told you about why your warranty claim was denied.

The tech support told me it was the charger and not the battery i put my meter on the charger and the output is normal I put my meter on the battery and I get no output

The battery will not provide power until it is turned on.
What was the output voltage of the battery charger? "Normal" isn't very helpful.

Hey Crow... You're not alone, buds.My 1st solo just fell outta the sky from 300' . Wasn't pretty, but it was pretty wicked to watch, what with my jaw on the floor and all. Anyway support says, " Yup, it was the units fault. No worries. Warranty will cover it. Let's get you a new one and you'll be back in business. Where did you purchase the solo?" (or something like that. All I REALLY heard was waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa lets get you a new one waaaa waaa. ) So I told the dude I scored it on Ebay. Error, as it turns out. I also was super pissed. But the kind folks on this forum informed me of a few things, one of which is that warranty only kicks in if purchased from an authorized dealer. So who was I truly upset with? Turns out it was ME. I just expect shit to be real. Know what I mean? I don't speak, nor do I understand Woman Logic and I'm not one of "those" who say, " Hey...you didn't ASK soooooo.....Not my problem." I trusted there would be some notice, or teeny tiny writing somewhere on the seller's page stating this type of information. So check this out. It gets better. Armed with this newfound tidbit of knowledge, I went back to my seller ( about a week later) and scored another set-up. BUT in addition, I scored some insurance deal that was listed on the Ebay page as well. Thinking my ass is squared away now, I JB welded my original solo back together, took off the safety features, threw it in the van. I then packed up my new bird, (after getting it all dialed in with my new HDMI ribbon cable, Yet another new gimbal, my beloved GoPro, and sweet aftermarket props and additional batteries) grabbed el dog, and headed to the beach to film Dog and the Franken-Solo . I had Frankie hovering just a bit off shore while I got my new bird rhet to go. SO I filmed Dog chasing his tennis ball a few times and then got ready to film Frankie from the air with my new bird. I went to retrieve FrankenSolo's controller which had fallen to the sand somehow. I should mention it was sunset when we arrived and was getting darker by the minute. I looked in the direction where Frankie should be and saw nothing. I scanned the sky and saw lights, so I thought 'Cool. Ima hit RTH and wait". The controller showed Frankie to be about 350' away, so in the meantime I flew my new bird with the cool lights (disco) that I get on the Solex app. I was checking the different light setups and colors when it hit me that Frankie should have been back by now. I looked in the sky again and the lights hadn't moved yet my battery was getting dangerously low. I told Dog, " This ain't lookin too good, dude." I'm pretty sure he thought I said, "Ya wanna treat", because he had that kinda on his face. So I gave him a treat. About this time I decide to put my good glasses on and check on Frankie. The lights hadn't moved so I jammed the throttle full and decended as fast as I could. I have to mention here that when I got Dog his treat I put down both controllers to free up my hands. Just then a nice young college fellow who , along with some friends, was renting the house that was right there came trotting up to me and asked, " Sir, do you want me to get that drone for you?" I was a little confused, so I directed his attention to the lights in the sky and said, " It's too far off and probably won't make it back on what's left of the battery." He said, "Those are stars.... I'm talking about the one that's over here in the water. I figured you'd go get that one over there in the water. Are these water proof?" Well, bigger than shit, What I thought was Frankies controller wasn't really and vice versa. Told ya it gets better. But that's NOT the kicker.....the kicker was when I got home. You see, at the beach I didn't freak out or anything. I was all calm and collected because I had Insurance. Hell, EVERYTHING was gonna be covered. ERROR. Turns out that the policy I scored wasn't the one that covered any eventuality. In fact, it didn't have the 'dumbass' clause....which is what I wanted. Nope. It doesn't even come close to covering water damage to the drone, not to mention the gimbal or the camera either. I told you this story for a reason, I'm sure of it. Just can't really remember right now. Ima take a break and hopefully it will come back to me.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Wow. Lol. I think the moral of the story is "read the fine print and don't fly into the ocean."

I have 2 batteries I left fully charged last year and forgot to discharge, but they discharged themselves to 50% but they are still discharging really fast after I charge Are they trash now?

I have 2 batteries I left fully charged last year and forgot to discharge, but they discharged themselves to 50% but they are still discharging really fast after I charge Are they trash now?

They should be fine. Try charging them all the way and flying down to about 10%. Charge them back to 50% soon afterwards. Storing them empty is worse than storing them charged.

Still discharging way too fast for my liking. Stored them all full but they discharged themselves to 50% or so fairly quickly so thats what they stayed at (over the winter), Didn't seem to help the life of the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo