3DR Solo backpack travel guide.

Reaction score
Hello!

So I am going to my home country, Philippines this December and I need more info about this whole regulations thing before I take my drone with me.

This is what I THINK I KNOW and some I KNOW so far.

1. My flight on the way there is gonna be from Ottawa >>> Toronto >>> HongKong >>> Philippines
Going back would be Philippines >>> Japan (FROM WHAT I REMEMBER) >>> Toronto >>> Ottawa

Q1: So is my backpack going to fit in the overhead bins of all these planes/airports? I contacted Air Canada and told me the dimensions that are allowed to fit in the bins and I find that the backpack is either an inch wider or longer or taller I dont remember which. But some people claimed that they've been traveling with their Solo + backpack in many countries including Canada, US, EU countries, Japan, etc.

Also I asked Air Canada if its possible to keep my Solo backpack under the seat in front of me but they said no? I remember keeping a backpack under and in front of me last time I traveled and some also said that you can do that.

2. Lithium Ion....

Q2: Check-in or carry on? Some say they get questioned when they have them carry-in... some say they have to be carried-in. Air Canada said the same thing.

3. The propellers

Q3: Apparently they are counted as knives @_@ like wtf?

4. Taxations?
Apparently it happened to someone in Mexico... why?

I guess the question that matters to me the most is #1

if any of you guys have visited these countries and cities I listed with your 3DR SOLO drone I would like to hear/read your experiences.

You can not check your battery's they have to go in carry on and I think you can have only one.

The backpack is great but if you really want to keep your bird safe and sound get a TSA approved travel case and check it. Here's a couple good ones
Go Professional Cases Wheeled Hard Case for 3DR GPC-SOLO-1-W B&H

3DR Solo Case - With Wheels

Good luck
I was close to not buying this backpack because of the price I really am not looking for a more expensive one.

How do you know the backpack is great... I am not talking about protecting the drone... I am asking if the backpack is good for traveling.

what makes you say you can only have one battery?
If you check with the airline make sure you tell them the size and Ma rating. The airlines are worried because of a fatal crash in the UAE. Oh and you can't check them either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc