3DR Solo Alarm

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been working with a 3DR solo drone and the Sidepilot app on an ipad. I have set the GPS_TYPE = 0 and ARMING_CHECK parameters = -9 to disable GPS as well as the arming check for GPS. However, now when I turn the drone on for flight it emits the alarm signaling for a disconnected or damaged GPS module.

I have confirmed this alarm with 3DR support and have already checked the connection. The sidepilot application also crashes every time I try to connect. Any help on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Garrett

What exactly do you mean "sidepilot application also crashes every time I try to connect"...what happens when you press the "CONNECT" icon?

When then 'connect' icon is pressed the 'connect' and 'wifi' icons both turn blue. The screen then turns black and the app exits to the ipad home screen. I have ensured that I am connected to the drones wifi signal and bot the drone and controller are on. Since I can not connect to the drone I can not reconfigure the parameters to see if it fixes the alarm issue.

Could this be due to the alarm itself?

I am FAR from an expert on this as I've just loaded my 1st parameters today...maybe others will chime in. I not familiar with that alarm or those parameters, but Solo acts as if the parameters that you changed did not actually get loaded in to Solo...correct? Where you connected and did you get a successful LOAD when you made the changes? You have to be connected to Solo to LOAD a parameter...in fact, I don't think you can even see the parameters unless you are connected (could be wrong about that), but I know you must be connected to change and then LOAD parameters to Solo.

Have you tried connecting to Solo using the Solo app?

Hi All,

I have been working with a 3DR solo drone and the Sidepilot app on an ipad. I have set the GPS_TYPE = 0 and ARMING_CHECK parameters = -9 to disable GPS as well as the arming check for GPS. However, now when I turn the drone on for flight it emits the alarm signaling for a disconnected or damaged GPS module.

I have confirmed this alarm with 3DR support and have already checked the connection. The sidepilot application also crashes every time I try to connect. Any help on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Garrett
First off why would you even set those parameters what is the reason? Are you using this indoors and do not want GPS to kick in?

Edit: just saw your post regarding Pozyx localization system, cool good luck keep us posted..

Anyway you need to reset the parameters to stock settings, if you have a PC you can load up mission planner and correct this issue, tower also works with android if you can't get sidepilot to work..

This is the parmeter to reset>>>> SYSID_SW_MREV <<<< set it to 0 it will be at 120, make sure you reboot afterwards,
You have to be running master for all this to work green cube and all. Stock solo will not work..
also here is an excerpt from ardupilot.

Configuration through the Ground Station
Ensure that Copter-3.5 (or higher) is loaded onto the flight controller and connect with a Ground Station (i.e. Mission Planner).

• set BCN_TYPE to 1 (means using Pozyx system)
  • set BCN_LATITUDE, BCN_LONGITUDE and BCN_ALT to match your actual location. Getting these values exactly correct is not particularly important although getting it close is required in order for the compass’s declination to be correctly looked up from the small database held within ArduPilot.
  • set BCN_ORIENT_YAW to the heading from the origin anchor to the 2nd anchor. One way to capture this value is to stand at the origin holding the vehicle so that it’s nose points towards the second beacon. Read the vehicle’s heading from the HUD and enter this value into BCN_ORIENT_YAW
  • set GPS_TYPE to 0 to disable the GPS
  • set ARMING_CHECK to -9 to disable the GPS arming check
  • set SERIAL1_BAUD to 115 to set telemetry1’s baud rate to 115200 (if using Telem2 set SERIAL2_BAUD instead)
  • set SERIAL1_PROTOCOL to 13 to enable reading the IndoorLoiter2 protocol (If using Telem2 set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL instead)
  • set BRD_SER1_RTSCTS to 0 to ensure telem1 does not use flow control (If using Telem2 set BRD_SER2_RTSCTS instead, not required if using Serial4/5)

Last edited:
There is no way to disable that stupid annoying GPS alarm on the stock 3DR ArduCopter firmware. Needless to say, that is NOT a thing in the real ArduCopter master firmware.

I appreciate the info but what do you mean by running master? As far as I know the solo is running as it did out of the box aside from my alteration to the gps and arming check parameters.

I appreciate the info but what do you mean by running master? As far as I know the solo is running as it did out of the box aside from my alteration to the gps and arming check parameters.
According to the ardupilot docs you need to be running a full version/firmware of Arducopter not the solo version to set this up. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Maybe I'm missing something?

Here>> Ensure that Copter-3.5 (or higher) is loaded onto the flight controller
to set this up >>>> Pozyx system

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Yes you need arducopter 3.5 but that requires the pixhawk 2.1 (3DR Solo - ArduCopter Master Upgrade — Copter documentation). So i first started by disabling GPS simply just so that it could start up/fly indoors. Now there is an alarm going off.

Do i need to be running a master version do reset as you describe? If so what is this master version? Or can i just connect with mission planner to stock drone?

Paddles stated there is no way to turn that alarm off by disabling gps and no to reset the pixhawk just do as posted.

connect stock solo to mission planner search for parameter SYSID_SW_MREV set it to 0 it will be at 120. make sure you write the parameter and reboot.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc