3DR Gimbal or Feiyu-Tech???

Reaction score
Hi All,

Genuine 3DR gimbals seem to be climbing in price on EBay. As a newer Solo owner I started watching the prices before Christmas, when one might be had for $160 or so. Now they seem to be going for over $200.00.

So, I'm looking for opinions here. I can get a brand new Feiyu-Tech FY-M3D Mini 3D Pro in the $150 range, depending on where I order it from. There is a hack for installing it on a Solo and gaining the tilt function from a Solo controller -- which is the only remote function I'd really care about. The hack appears to be straightforward and pretty quick.

It's not the price that raises the question. It's the fact that I've read dozens of posts on this forum and others about 3DR gimbal problems. Clearly there are good ones, and people are getting good results with them, but there also seem to be a lot around with issues. The Feiyu-Tech is also newer technology, and seems to have a more robust vibration dampening system in the mount. If I pay Amazon's price (about $175) there's very little risk in getting a dud. If I buy it on EBay there's always a risk of getting a dud, and then having issues returning it.

Thoughts???

Thanks!

If you have a gopro and can afford a 3dr solo gimbal go that route, its really the best option imho.. I have used a sony AS100V on a storm32 based gimbal and also have a 3DR solo gimbal and its the way to go its what the solo was designed for.

You'l have zero control over the camera or gimbal with the Feiyu-Tech. The 3DR gimbal has an interface for the gimbal for tilting and an interface to the Gopro (full control from the apps with the Gopro 3 Black + and hero 4 Black and Silver, ie start/stop recording, switch between video and photo, etc).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40