3DR Controller hangs during upgrade - requires battery disconnect

Reaction score
I'm going thru the 3.0 upgrade - had the same controller hang that the initial upgrade from 3DR had.

Upgrade of the Solo and the 3DR Controller went smooth - until step 4-5 pairing.

Controller reports "Controller updated - Reconnect app to SoloLink wifi - press A to continue" (image below)

On pressing A - the controller buzzes. No change to screen. In holding A - two buzzes - no change.
Note that Solo Wifi is connected and Solex says it is looking for the Solo - but pressing the 'pair' button on the Solo has no effect.

Solution is same as first upgrade - power down the Solo, disconnect the battery in the controller and restart both. Everything was fine and upgrade is proceeding.

One question - is this a problem in the Controller firmware? Do some controllers do this while others don't?

Thank you! Thank you! for 3.0

KenMc

cntlr_hang.jpg

Your controller did this before with the 3DR FW too? Certainly not normal and you're the only one that's ever reported something like this. I can only assume it's something wrong with the hardware on your controller since you're not doing anything wrong. If it continues to work normally after that, I would suggest living with the annoyance as upgrades aren't that often.

Okay. Thanks again for this great work.

BTW - are there still benefits to putting in a Green Cube? I'm not clear about the differences between the Solo FC and the Pixhawk 2.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc