3DR Close Out +++UPDATE+++

Reaction score
Unless I missed it there is no discussion or announcement of the close out sale initiated by Vu Tran on October 12 on the FB Group.

Amazingly as of yesterday there is still inventory. The only item that sold out was the NIB H4Bs that sold for $100.

I scored a Factory Refurbed Solo and Gimbal for $200 plus $25 shipping which arrived today in expected like new condition. No sign of any use. Has RevB copper shield (I'll replace it with the V2 before it's shake down) and last run (11/15/15) Battery.

Here's the other items. If you are interested email your order to [email protected] and they will acknowledge with instructions.

Here's the close out offering. Comes with a 30 day parts warranty.

NIB Solo $150
Refurb Solo w/refurb Gimbal $200
Refurb Gimbal $100

++Vu added 30 NIB Solo w/Gimbal in a Backpack (a/k/a Director's Bundle) for $350++

Last edited:
Its shame they won’t ship to Australia. I tried to buy a bird and gimbal for a mate.
I have a brand new 3dr solo with the gimbal, backpack, and all the included accessories I could ship to Australia.

I Bought a refurbished one for myself and gimbal. I have two but they are glitchy and not dependable. I also bought two brand new in the box solos, with Gimbals, for two friends who are first time flyers. They are coming this week. I can't wait.
Remember the excitement when we were awaiting our first solo and then the long wait for the gimbals?? It's not like that but i'm excited. Would love to see Solo get back on its feet. The video is exceptional and Solo was way ahead of its time. Still a great platform to build on

Unless I missed it there is no discussion or announcement of the close out sale initiated by Vu Tran on October 12 on the FB Group.

Amazingly as of yesterday there is still inventory. The only item that sold out was the NIB H4Bs that sold for $100.

I scored a Factory Refurbed Solo and Gimbal for $200 plus $25 shipping which arrived today in expected like new condition. No sign of any use. Has RevB copper shield (I'll replace it with the V2 before it's shake down) and last run (11/15/15) Battery.

Here's the other items. If you are interested email your order to [email protected] and they will acknowledge with instructions.

NIB Solo $150
Refurb Gimbal $100

Can you post a link to the site?

Cool, I did that. BTW are you looking for a good deal on batteries for the solo? Like 30.00 a pop brand new?

Cool, I did that. BTW are you looking for a good deal on batteries for the solo? Like 30.00 a pop brand new?
I'm actually too well stocked up on batteries. I'll be going into my winter molt and in hopes the ones I have make it through to Spring with fingers crossed that the promised fresh packs will be available by then. If not I'll be peeling the BMS out of my bricks and will begrudgingly do the battery mod. B&H are still free shipping packs for $30. That said, out of the last 5 I got from them two had to be exchanged.

That's the one I found! I am stocked up as well. Also, thanks for posting the info. Is someone making new pack?

That's the one I found! I am stocked up as well. Also, thanks for posting the info. Is someone making new pack?
Philip and Paul have repeatedly said that when the old ones are gone they will release new ones. They will cost well north of $150 which is what all new packs go for their days. Soloheads are stupid spoiled so there is no telling how they will respond to a $150++ pack.

That price is with in line for a 4s 5300Mha battery. I race RC cars, my 2s and 3s cell around 100.00 because of the C rating! I am guess I need to pay more attention, I don't know who Philip and Paul are. Thanks again.

Philip and Paul have repeatedly said that when the old ones are gone they will release new ones. They will cost well north of $150 which is what all new packs go for their days. Soloheads are stupid spoiled so there is no telling how they will respond to a $150++ pack.

Battery for my Mavic 2 Pro cost $139, it is 4S also but is only 3850mAh. And gives 31 minutes of flight :)
Lack of new batteries was one of few reasons I sold all my 4 Solos recently. I've seen you are gone from facebook group. Sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camaross

NIB Solo $150
Refurb Gimbal $100

++Vu added 30 NIB Solo w/Gimbal in a Backpack (a/k/a Director's Bundle) for $350++
The gimbal I bought was perfect $15 shipping.

Unfortunately, I missed the 3DR sale on the GoPro but did pick up a refurb Solo with a gimbal. I was pleasantly surprised that it came complete minus the little foam piece between the battery compartment and battery (No big deal as I just made one). Test flew it this weekend and it worked perfectly. Now to apply the upgrades and Open Solo. I am looking at getting another GoPro for it. I currently have the Hero 4 Silver but am looking at the Hero Black. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421