3DR Apps fail at sending support ticket

Reaction score
I've got a "calibration error" on an new solo (3 short flights) and have been trying to submit a support ticket through the app (both ios and android) for the past 3 days. Each time it gets to what appears to be the end of the progress bar and then says that the support ticked could not be submitted. Anyone else having problems?

I'd recommend you do a quick search on this forum for a solution. Calibration errors are usually easy to fix. Even if you were successful in submitting a trouble ticket it would probably take three or more weeks for them to get back with you.

The calibration error was due an accelerometer problem. I tried calibrations (failed) and hard resets with no luck. I saw someone else on the forum tried to "unstick" the accelerometer by hitting the bottom of the solo. I tapped the pixhawk cube when I had access to it with the gimbal off and, sure enough, it seemed to fix the problem. It calibrated and flew fine. Lets hope its not a temporary fix.

The calibration error was due an accelerometer problem. I tried calibrations (failed) and hard resets with no luck. I saw someone else on the forum tried to "unstick" the accelerometer by hitting the bottom of the solo. I tapped the pixhawk cube when I had access to it with the gimbal off and, sure enough, it seemed to fix the problem. It calibrated and flew fine. Lets hope its not a temporary fix.

It shouldn't be. The "tap" method is based on the fact that Solos IMUs are based on ME MS devices that occasionally suffer from stiction (usually as a result of of a crash or other rough handling). The tap, if applied properly, can allow the microscopic parts to return to their proper, non-contact, functional positions. Anti-stiction is still a major research area....

Its a technique that certainly has its uses. Back when I was a research assistant working in Purdue's aerospace labs (early 90's), we had an old computer with a 2 MB hard drive running a wind tunnel. It was never shut off. If the power went out, you had to smack the computer to get the bearings unstuck to get it to start spinning.

Ah, static friction versus dynamic. Amazing sometimes the difference.

Was that massive hard disk MFM/RLL per chance? Two huge connectors and then some jumpers for like 256KB/s. :eek:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986