3D Printed GPS Cover/Cap

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to design the GPS cover, but my inventor skills are minimal. I searched Thingiverse, and there isn't anything for the cover. I am hoping someone with skill can finalize the attached design and make it available for everyone.
Thanks!

Attachments

• solo GPS cap.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 13
What software are you using to design the file in? If it's Solidworks by any chance, I could show my father in law when he comes to visit next week. He was into designing on Solidworks for years before he retired recently.

Reactions: Juan Jimenez
I used Autodesk inventor, but I will find a way to export the file to solidworks and send it tonight

Thanks a lot.

I have designed one but it doesn't have the snapping on parts. It is made to be screwed down when using a Here mast.

The design is editable in Fusion 360 but a little awkward due to the interior shape you have created.
Can you go back a few steps and supply a solid shape.
The outside looks good.
I believe getting the shell is your stumbling block.
If you can do that I will see what I can do.

Attachments

• 3eba474e-388b-46b8-974e-ed0d09ffe232.PNG
    3eba474e-388b-46b8-974e-ed0d09ffe232.PNG
    157 KB · Views: 25
  • solo_GPS_cap_2020-Mar-07_07-44-47PM-000_CustomizedView40202719172.png
    solo_GPS_cap_2020-Mar-07_07-44-47PM-000_CustomizedView40202719172.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 23
Yes, you are correct, Mike. I did not know how to shape the interior, but I spent a few more hours, and I finally got the interior right (or close). See the 3d printed sample. I think we need to increase the fillet more for the proper radii at the corner and do the taps.

I have attached all the files is someone would to try to improve it ( finalize it)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 19
  • solo GPS 20200309.zip
    174.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Mike,

It looks really amazing. Thank you.
would you mind sharing how you managed to put a normal battery in a solo using BMSOne. I am sure many will thank you.

Hi Mike,

It looks really amazing. Thank you.
would you mind sharing how you managed to put a normal battery in a solo using BMSOne. I am sure many will thank you.

You can get a Plug and Play version of BMSOne on SoloFlies.com

The BMSOne was designed with dual use in mind, A stand alone BMS that can be fitted to a non modded Solo, or internally on the Solo.
The Internal took the most mucking about but produces the cleanest finish.
Just remove your Solo GPS, the BMSOne will bolt straight in (couple of minot ‘tweaks’ to get it to fit), 2 holes in the firewall for the battery connector and balance, remount the GPS, and print a cover that locks onto the old battery latches.
IMG_2438.JPG
The one edge of the board has to rounded to fit in, and a small web in the plastic mount is removed.
Other than that it bolts straight in.
IMG_2439.JPG
Now the original battery connector is removed and the BMS wires soldered into place
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG
Next is to remount the GPS above all this so I printed a new GPS cap and a housing for the GPS board.
IMG_2495.JPGIMG_2488.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela