333 Expanded for all drones?

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
i just heard from a friend that the FAA has changed the rules to say that a 333 exemption would cover all drones approved by the FAA in multiple situations.

My current 333 days I can fly my Solo for the purposes I stated on my application. If I understand it correctly I'm now cleared to fly any sUAV that had already been approved by the FAA. I can also fly for a multiple of purposes not just the ones I stated on my 333 application. I'm speaking of commercial purposes.

I've looked around and haven't seen anything to confirm this. Has anyone seen this and provide a reference?

Thanks

Yes this is true, the faa.gov granted exemptions now read:
(in part)
Conditions and Limitations

1. The operator is authorized by this grant of exemption to use any aircraft identified on the List of Approved Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) under Section 333 at regulatory docket FAA-2007-3330 at www.regulations.gov, when weighing less than 55 pounds including payload. Proposed operations of any aircraft not on the list currently posted to the above docket will require a new petition or a petition to amend this exemption.

I noticed this change a few weeks back, however FAA never informed me of this.
I've had mine for almost a year. GOV. go figure...

All you have to do is go here: Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions and download any recent approval to see the new wording.

As for current 333 holders, I don't know. We all know what "assume" can mean, but I'm going to assume for now that I can operate any previously approved drone. I will keep an eye for more news on this subject.
I checked with an attorney who is updating my 333.

"The current 333 holders don’t automatically get all the approved drones, you have to file an amendment to request them"

I've always wondered why lawyers are involved in the 333 process? Even my contacts in the FAA don't seem to know a lot of the exemption process and timing. I'm guessing this lawyer is speculating on this issue, because it really doesn't make a lot of sense having to put in an amendment on a change in the ruling. I submitted an amendment in Oct, it has not been amended yet, they (FAA) appear to be working in sequence for end of September submissions as of today. It doesn't effect my capabilities it just gives me more options.

Someone knows if 3dr solo need the 333? Solo is under 4.4pounds so many ppl r using solo for bushiness without the 333 any one knkw anything about it

Someone knows if 3dr solo need the 333? Solo is under 4.4pounds so many ppl r using solo for bushiness without the 333 any one knkw anything about it
Yes you need a 333 if you intend to use your solo for commercial purposes (charge for it) you b also need a pilot licence and an n-number from the FAR.

This doesn'the apply if you only want to fly it for fun and not as part of a business.

Yes you need a 333 if you intend to use your solo for commercial purposes (charge for it) you b also need a pilot licence and an n-number from the FAR.

This

This doesn'the apply if you only want to fly it for fun and not as part of a business.[/QUOTE

A friend only got his drone registered by the FAA and hes making $ he say under 4 punds is another group and doesn't apply the 333, i dont know anything thats why im asking, and also you can apply for the 333 by ur self online??

A friend only got his drone registered by the FAA and hes making $ he say under 4 punds is another group and doesn't apply the 333, i dont know anything thats why im asking, and also you can apply for the 333 by ur self online??

Your friend is wrong. Best case scenario nothing happens to him except pissing off everyone like me who sat on my drone for 6 months waiting for my approvals.

Worst case scenario is he causes damage to something or someone, and only then finds out that he doesn't have insurance because no insurance company in the world is cool with people operating illegally.

Good info about applying for a 333 at 333 Exemption | ACUAS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela