3 failed flights

Reaction score
So I've been having a gimbal problem with the gimbal completely failing once airborne for 10 seconds. Support has me remove the gimbal and separate the data and hdmi cables.

Insane winds for 2 weeks keep me grounded, but once I am in the air again the gimbal works, and I record about 100 photos on a 10 minute flight. I get home and find the camera has recorded nothing. The phone made all of the shutter clicking noises, and the quick fades to black and back were normal. No images on the GoPro.

Next flight - Gimbal failure 20 seconds after launch.

Third Flight. Gimbal works, photos successfully captured, but the screen on the controller fails. (Yes it was fully charged). What the hell?

It seems like with every flight something fails, and none of the failures are easily reproducible (except for the gimbal which I am filing for replacement. Getting tired of this.

Is this your video?

++++++++++

Video removed as not the user's video

Last edited:
OK, I'll remove it.

Have you contacted 3DR?

Yes, it sounds like they want to replace the gimbal, but with more recent failures not really gimbal related, I'm a tad bit pissed off with the general unreliability of the product en toto.

If only the camera was working as well as the hardware flies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle