20 minutes flight from Stock Solo

Thanks Mike. I was planning to hook up a DC light bulb to one of the defunct batteries and drain it all the way down before trying to open it up. But what you did makes sense, thank you.

Reactions: Coastwise
Mike,

Can I simply insert wires into the + --- ports on the battery to get to the cell/voltage? I am planning to drain all charge from the battery by using a 24 volt DC light (or some other DC device), was thinking about pressing some wire into those two ports. Will that work or is there something else that must be done? I really don't want this to go off in my face.....

Thanks

Reactions: Coastwise
Mike,

Can I simply insert wires into the + --- ports on the battery to get to the cell/voltage? I am planning to drain all charge from the battery by using a 24 volt DC light (or some other DC device), was thinking about pressing some wire into those two ports. Will that work or is there something else that must be done? I really don't want this to go off in my face.....

Thanks
No, the charging and per cell voltage sense is done on a circuit board inside the battery. It comes out via an I2C interface so unlike a "normal" lipo you have no access to the cell voltages outside the case.
Also remember that Lithium can ignite when exposed to air so just lowering the charge voltage may not be enough to prevent a fire.

Ok, thanks for that info. My home is still an unburned, free standing structure. On to Plan B......

There a couple of people on this forum that have opened them up successfully but I am all thumbs and as careful as I could be I still nicked the circuit board causing it to short circuit, on a fully discharged battery. So if you are a surgeon you might do fine but do it outside with a bucket of water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig