12 MB photo problem

Reaction score
Using the new update, I switched from 720 video to 12 MB wide photo when in the air to take a pic. When I went to edit photo later, the specs showed a 3.8 MB photo ...
Any ideas why??

Thanks!
Mark

Using the new update, I switched from 720 video to 12 MB wide photo when in the air to take a pic. When I went to edit photo later, the specs showed a 3.8 MB photo ...
Any ideas why??

Thanks!
Mark
You are confusing MB with MP. The photo size is 12mp (# of pixels in the image). The size of the photo in storage is in mb (MegaBytes). 3.8 sounds about right for the image size of a 12MP image (compressed jpg).

Reactions: Maddog
A photographer friend said to leave the GP set for 12mp for the best results. I have always had it set for 12mp, but wondered if taking it down would give any benefit for certain shots. Do you guys agree, and if not can you maybe give examples of why not? Thanks in advance.

Always take in highest resolution possible. More pixels preserve more detail and is better for editing and then cropping and/or reducing down to desired output. Also, the format will last longer for the future as MP/resolution keep getting higher and higher. When mixing you want the highest resolution you can to start.

4k for video unless slow-mo/high framerate is needed. I'd rather get a new GP lens or remove fisheye in post and preserve the high definition of the 4k video. I don't know if you've seen 4k GP footage on a 4k TV, but OMG the difference is night and day on my 75". I don't want to have to go reshoot stuff in the future.

12MP for photos.

Reactions: pyrate
Thanks Steve. I will jot that down to refer to later. I have seen the big 4k led smart tv's, and I put in my request to "Santa", but she said it will have to wait awhile:(.... Thanks for the info.

You are confusing MB with MP. The photo size is 12mp (# of pixels in the image). The size of the photo in storage is in mb (MegaBytes). 3.8 sounds about right for the image size of a 12MP image (compressed jpg).

Thanks so much for setting me straight!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela