107 Kicking my butt (solved)

Reaction score
not sure why, I can usually self educate pretty well.
But tese airport operations and charts requirements are just flat kicking my butt
for those who passed, what resources did you use to get up to speed?

Yes, I am a pilot, but it looks like they (Gleim) have a 107 written prep. All FAA test questions should be exactly duplicated on the Gleim practice tests. I have always just practiced using the questions from Gleim until I know them cold, then rock the test. As a pilot the written test is just a part of the process, with a (usually) difficult comprehensive oral exam followed by the practical. At any rate Geim has been used by so many aviators over the years for the "FAA test gouge".

Reactions: FreebirdinNEPA
Pyrate, once you practice with the actual questions, they are easy. Its just rote memorization. I know you will rock iit if you practice with the actual questions.

I just did the 8 question free practice test. Same old FAA test prep gouge!

Reactions: FreebirdinNEPA
yeah I read their stuff, and a dozen others including one online resource.
Just got to keep plugging at it. For me the lines on an airport runway just don't want to go into my brain

I passed mine in September. I downloaded and printed ( couple hundred pages worth ) of the material recommended on the FAA website. Put the material on the back of the toilet for reading everyday for about six weeks. The test did have far more airspace questions than I thought it would have.

not sure why, I can usually self educate pretty well.
But tese airport operations and charts requirements are just flat kicking my butt
for those who passed, what resources did you use to get up to speed?
Read all of FAA-G-8082-22. Read chapter 14 and 15 of FAA-H-8083-25B. You can search these PDF's on the FAA website and down load them. Chapter 14 and 15 is probably what your looking to brush up on.

My time as a student pilot really comes in handy here. Also as a gamer doing flight sim and in the virtual pilot community (look up VATSIM if you're confused. I did that for years and it helped with my learning of how to read and interpret all kinds of sectionals and FAA charts/maps). I never got my license however.

When I was taking flying lessons, my CFI turned me on to BoldMethod.com. They have courses on reading avation weather... that is applicable on the test to read METARS and TAFs. Another course on reading sectional charts. And an excellent course on Airspace. You need to know all these subjects for the 107 test. These courses are great and highly recommend them.

I have pepware
don't care for the format, could be just how it runs in windows but to me I spend more time fighting with the UI then actually learning.

I think it would be good for making practice tests, but not for learning

Pyrate, the one advice I can give you is to pay attention to detail. Granted I have a pilots cert.and out of mobid curiousity took the FAA 107. I did not take this exam for granted. I took the UAVcoach course and it was very helpful in explaining things in a way you could remember. The test I took had much more airspace questions than anything else. The questions that got me were the ones that intermingled the three little letters MSL vs AGL. So read your questions carefully. The FAA loves to throw in small amount of detail that can trip you up if you don't reread the question. Also when going over the answers "usually" the one that is the most restrictive is the correct choice. Good luck in your studies!

I'm not a pilot nor a surveyor but I know how to read map. I know how to read the legend and use it to interpret the map. The airspace charts have very good legend.

I'm about to hunker down and study for a spring test, plan on giving it a solid six to eight weeks.

I don't think its going to take that long now for me
moving right along
the charts is the hardest part

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc