-1% Battery Problem

Reaction score
My Solo is reporting a Flight Battery status of -1% all the time and I can no longer Arm or Fly it from the controller. If I use Tower I can arm and fly but I am afraid to do much since I am not sure I will get a RTL on low battery. I was considering a Factory Reset and looking through the old threads I saw that rrmccabe had the same problem that a reset did not correct.

rrmccabe, how did you get that problem fixed?

3DR sent me these instructions for Solo not reporting correct battery level.

Please follow the next instructions in order to perform a full parameter reset to your Solo:

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

I just had a bad battery, but had to perform this before 3DR would RMA me a new battery.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: RolandS888
Thanks guys, I'll check them out tonight, my guess is that Rich has the answer. I had an "event" when I got a RTL due to a loss of signal with a 75' RTL altitude and an 85' tree between me and the Solo. One of the threaded inserts holding the battery tray was pulled loose and I had to pull the main board out to get it glued back in place. I probably damaged those wires during the repair.

It's funny how people fail to mention an "event" with their questions....:) Stuff happens, no shame.

Hope that is the issue Michael, good luck!

Reactions: RolandS888
It's funny how people fail to mention an "event" with their questions....:) Stuff happens, no shame.

Hope that is the issue Michael, good luck!
Yes, that made me smile, but some really good info has come out of this thread. That parameter reset could be very helpful.
Awesome post @SteveReno, love that kind of info.

Reactions: Soul Patch Films
Well the good news is that I am not as ham-handed as I thought I was. The wires were undamaged and still connected. The even better news is that Steve's suggestion fixed my problem, I have battery status back. Its raining outside now so I can't calibrate my compass and get a GPS lock to verify that I can now Arm and Fly from the Solo app but my hopes are high.

Thanks guys...

Reactions: RichWest
Oh, and by the way....

Expect more "event" stories from me. I hunt and do offshore fishing and I plan to involve the Solo in both of those activities.

Is there a way to do the parameters reset without 'tower app'?(I have mac and believe tower is n/a..)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela