Yet another 333 question

Reaction score
I've just read all the posts on the 333 exemption requirement from the FAA. Sorry if I seem a little thick here, but even with a 333 if I want to fly commercially I still need a pilot's license. If so then what's the 333 actually for? Can I hire a pilot and just have him on a retainer, or would they actually have to be on site during a shoot? This all seems crazy to me. My brother started a drone business last year in England. Paid $2000 to be certified and then he was off and running. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The 333 exempts "you" from the regulation that prohibits flying commercially.

A licensed pilot must be operating the drone. I'm not clear if the holder of the exemption must be operating the drone or if he/she can have a licensed pilot operate it.

The pilot requirement will likely be dropped when the new regulations come out but no telling when that will happen.

The holder of the exemption does not have to physically operate the drone. A licensed pilot must be contracted by the exemption holder to fly, unless the holder is a pilot and does the flying.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo