X Plus One - fixed wing drone hybrid

Plus, that follow me video was jerky and shaky. Normally, the demonstration video needs to be perfect and is ideal. If that's the best it can do, it'll be a no-go.

Plus, that follow me video was jerky and shaky. Normally, the demonstration video needs to be perfect and is ideal. If that's the best it can do, it'll be a no-go.

I was thinking the same thing. The concept is interesting, but stated advantages of speed and efficiency don't seem to have been met in significant amounts. If that 20 minute flight time was at 60mph flat out, that might be something, but I'm guessing it's not.

And yea, the video stability is definitely not where it'd need to be for a $2,000 platform. In hover mode, that thing will have a heck of a time battling any wind. One thing that makes multicopters stable in the wind is the relatively high weight to surface area ratio. A big foam wing like that is going to get blown around like crazy.

The issue with the X one and all the VTOLs is that with those big huge surfaces to catch the wind (the wings) they aren't stable in flight. This has been discussed a fair amount over at DIYdrones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea