WTF?!?!? Bizzare behavior then flip and crash

The drone worked fine. That was the first delay. After I send the gimbel, I then had to send the drone too. All after an infuriating series of obscure and tedious downloading of log files, supplying videos, etc.

One hurdle after another in my path. That's the business model, torment them so they give up. Minimum wage, I could buy one.

Like dealing with the government, you have to do everything their exact way, no matter what.

10 to 1, my functional drone, and my functional gimbel ( that I could fix by a little more bending) no longer work or I'll never get them back.

And a sneering attitude they have, do it this way or else. Infuriating.

It's every step along the way and there are 50 steps. The log files I sent by WeTransfer, the wouldn't look at it has to be DropBox. etc. etc. My way or the highway, like they are doing me a big favor and I'd better hop through the hoop. This I have to find all the little nit parts, they can't just take them out of the box they are sending is just the latest example of many and it's always another one, no matter what.

I'm demanding my drone and gimbel I sent back, I'm willing to write off the hundred hours I have into this, and all the time it's been sent away, and they seem to be ignoring me and keep asking for the nit parts.

Guaranteed it won't work any more, I just know it, assuming I ever see it again.,

im sure they have rules and regulations in place they need to follow in regards to repairs, let them fix it for you. I agree its annoying but a lot of other drone companies that offer repairs on their products do the same thing.

Third on sending the new one ... 3DR has a process for RMA which requires returning all items that came with Solo.

Perhaps a great lesson here and a message to all new and future owners: Save all packaging, boxes, pieces and parts. 3DR will issue a packing list along with the RMA ... the list includes everything from the retail box to the GoPro weights.

The process works ... you will lose time if you delay responding to emails. I.e.: If you receive an email on Monday and respond Tuesday, 3DR will not address the email until Wednesday.

3DR tech requires the 10 most recent flight logs and controller logs. When you submit a trouble ticket an automatic system will generate a reference number. Download all logs and submit them immediately with your reference number.

3DR always requests a video depicting the problem, damage, etc. I've used an iPhone to record a short video. Create a video or multiple videos of the crash site, damage and of your complaints/concerns. Upload the video(s) to YouTube and send the link(s) to 3DR with your reference number.

Summary - the does system work -

1. Submit trouble ticket
2. Download 10 most recent log data files
3. Send flight and controller logs to 3DR immediately
4. Create video outlining crash and showing damage - does not have to be Hollywood production
5. Send video links to 3DR

After all information is submitted and RECEIVED you will receive a response within 24 hours determining the root cause of your crash or problem

Package up Solo the way you received it and wait for an RMA and shipping label from 3DR

im sure they have rules and regulations in place they need to follow in regards to repairs, let them fix it for you. I agree its annoying but a lot of other drone companies that offer repairs on their products do the same thing.

If that's all there was to it, I would, of course, but it's been one hoop to hop through after another. And always that my way or the highway attitude. I've got over 100 hours into it. No more throwing good money after bad. I'm mad enough that I don't care. I'll show it flies, land it and smash it with a sledgehammer and put it on youtube. It's clear a cheaper drone you just throw away is superior to going through that nightmare. A nice marketing scam, but they have to turn it into a nightmare in reality, to stay in business.

I had a crash involving Motor 3 failing (as per 3DR) as well on Nov 23rd after an update. On my 2nd battery pack, the SOLO auto RTH from about 400 ' out but stopped 100' in front of me and maybe 100' up then it wavered side to side in front of me so I pushed the PAUSE button and it just hovered there. Why it stopped there instead of it flying over my head which it usually does I do not know. I pressed RTH again and its motors just stopped and dropped out of the sky. I obviously tried to hold the throttle up to keep the SOLO in the air to no avail. Everything was broken when it hit jagged rocks. The controller prompted me a Crash so I filed a report right on the field minutes after the crash. It uploaded the flight log with the e-mail and I received a ticket # that same minute. 3 days after I was advised by 3DR CS to send the flight logs again. I wanted to complain and say it already did at the time of crash but I just bit my lip. In following the very low resolution flight log retrieval instruction and being a computer illiterate person it took me 3 days to retrieve the log. 4 days after I was told to send the entire gear which I happened to keep and thank GOD I did because I never do. I waited 9 days and when I was about to email them I received one from them stating that they have a 7 day backlog but will send my SOLO back to me.

I was curios as to what was getting sent back so I replied to the e-mailed referring to the ticket # that I received with a question if it were getting fixed or replaced. 2 days after I receive an answer that it was getting replaced and so I was happy that 3DR is standing up to their claim that if was their equipment fault that they will repair it or replace it if it is beyond repair. It has been 2 days now since that e-mail or a maybe 18 business day in total but its okey, I will wait.

As far as FW Updates I have no problem updating or questioning the update. However, I read somewhere in the forum that there is an update where the RTH follows a cone figure (correct me if i am wrong) where if your SOLO were to auto RTH that for every 1' up from the ground the SOLO will be a 1' away from actual HOME. I don't think I want that feature.

If that's all there was to it, I would, of course, but it's been one hoop to hop through after another. And always that my way or the highway attitude. I've got over 100 hours into it. No more throwing good money after bad. I'm mad enough that I don't care. I'll show it flies, land it and smash it with a sledgehammer and put it on youtube. It's clear a cheaper drone you just throw away is superior to going through that nightmare. A nice marketing scam, but they have to turn it into a nightmare in reality, to stay in business.

I feel your frustration, I ended up buying a Phantom 3 standard for $600 while my solo was sitting on the shelf waiting for a firmware update and its been pretty flawless. But, if they were gunna send you a new solo, i wouldve sucked it up and followed what they were saying. Worst case, you can sell it brand new instead of throwing away $2000. That would be a funny youtube video though.

Are you like this when you're communicating with 3DR? If you're going to "smash it with a sledgehammer and put it on youtube", you've not only got serious anger management issues but very likely shouldn't be piloting a potentially dangerous drone in the first place.

Are you like this when you're communicating with 3DR? If you're going to "smash it with a sledgehammer and put it on youtube", you've not only got serious anger management issues but very likely shouldn't be piloting a potentially dangerous drone in the first place.
You freakin crack me up.

Keep your Solo and get your frustration out with this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421