WILL MY GOPRO HERO 3+ SILVER WORK WITH GIMBAL?

Just hooked up my 2nd solo. Was having a problem with the go pro. I flashed everything with the go pro 3 + on and all my settings were messed up. Thought I had to re flash the go pro. Reseated the go pro 3x and sure enough it works fine now. It kept on power cycling and losing video. Make sure to clean your connector and reseat.

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody in this thread. Using the 2.0 firmware download linked in post 19, I was able to downgrade my GoPro hero 3+ silver and have live feed working great. Just got my 3dr today and getting it all set up for first flight tomorrow!

For those who don't know how the downgrade works, just download the update.zip file to your PC. Extract it to a folder called UPDATE and then move that folder to your micro SD card. Pop the card in the camera, power up, and let it sit. It'll update (downgrade), reboot a couple times, then the live view should work.

Reactions: Tommie Thomas
do you have remote control of the camera after downgrading, or do you have to start recording before you take off?

No control over camera functions. I did set it to "1 button" recording though so as soon as I turn on the 3dr battery, the go pro turns on and starts recording. That way I don't have to start recording before putting the camera in the gimbal since the gimbal covers the record button.

No control over camera functions. I did set it to "1 button" recording though so as soon as I turn on the 3dr battery, the go pro turns on and starts recording. That way I don't have to start recording before putting the camera in the gimbal since the gimbal covers the record button.

Sounds good, although you can press record through the gimbal. I do it that way myself so it doesn;t start recording until I am ready to go.

Sounds good, although you can press record through the gimbal. I do it that way myself so it doesn;t start recording until I am ready to go.

Did you drill a hole or something? The gimbal completely covers the record button on mine...

Others have said the plastic frame is flexible enough to push the frame down and it will depress the record button on the gopro.

Yep this. Even though I did say it in my last post lol.
No need for holes and risking the gimbals frame being weakened, or the gimbal itself being damaged (they can be fragile little things). Just push the plastic where the record button is. You will get a feel for it. ;)

Drilled holes on all 3 gimbals. Works like a champ. If not carry the screw driver. I don't like pressing so hard on the gimbal. Don't want to throw it off.

Drilled holes on all 3 gimbals. Works like a champ. If not carry the screw driver. I don't like pressing so hard on the gimbal. Don't want to throw it off.

Been pressing mine for a year now. No issues. It doesn't take much force.

With my Solo work with Gimbal if I'm using the Hero 3+ silver?
ONLY IF YOU CAN RETROFIT VERSION 2 OF THE GO PRO FIRMWARE. THANKS TO PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD AND MIKE MARTINEZ AT 3DR I HAVE VIDEO WORKING CORRECTLY. MIKE SUPPLIED THE VERSION 2. THANK YOU ALL.

Hey all... first post, excited to get flying.

The original link with the 2.0 firmware for the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver is no longer correct (currently it's a link for 3.1)... does anyone have a copy of the 2.0 firmware they could send me or upload for the community? Currently grounded until I get it!

Thanks all!

That's the correct version. It says firmware version 3.10 but it shows as version 2 on your Gopro once installed. I have the Hero 3 plus and it worked for me.
Hey all... first post, excited to get flying.

The original link with the 2.0 firmware for the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver is no longer correct (currently it's a link for 3.1)... does anyone have a copy of the 2.0 firmware they could send me or upload for the community? Currently grounded until I get it!

Thanks all!

Reactions: AJdaBombsauce
That's the correct version. It says firmware version 3.10 but it shows as version 2 on your Gopro once installed. I have the Hero 3 plus and it worked for me.

OK thanks- do you know how to get the GoPro to install the new firmware? I downloaded it, extracted the 3 files from the download via WinRar, and then copied them over to a MicroSD. When I put the MicroSD into the GoPro, no update starts- any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

With my Solo work with Gimbal if I'm using the Hero 3+ silver?

3dr has been providing the update firmware (version 2 go pro) and when installed you will have streaming video. you cannot turn the gopro on or off from the app. the gimbal is fully functional. just email 3dr and ask for it.

OK thanks- do you know how to get the GoPro to install the new firmware? I downloaded it, extracted the 3 files from the download via WinRar, and then copied them over to a MicroSD. When I put the MicroSD into the GoPro, no update starts- any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Yes unzip the update folder and it creates a second update folder that is unzipped. Copy the entire unzipped update folder on your cameras micro sd card, insert into camera and power camera up. It should start installing on boot up

3dr has been providing the update firmware (version 2 go pro) and when installed you will have streaming video. you cannot turn the gopro on or off from the app. the gimbal is fully functional. just email 3dr and ask for it.
That question you answered was a year and a half old... lot of that happening today... o_O

Bestbuy had them for $40. I bought spares. To be honest if video is our thing then you are missing out. $60 is well worth it. Considering it was $400 a year ago. Pretty sturdy but since 3DR is leaving I would get props, batteries, gimbals spares.

what do you mean "since 3DR is leaving"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela