Will my Gopro 3 work?

Reaction score
Is there any way to get my gopro 3 to work with the SOLO 3DR? I just want to be able to stream live FPV.

I do not have the gimbal and would buy it if I need too.

Thanks for any help!!

ANYBODY? I read somewhere that my Gopro3 will work with gimbal. Can anyone help?

I think u can stream with just the usb but u will have to turn the camera on and press record on it to. If your GP3 is a 3+ black it will work fine.

Without the gimbal you won't get live video feed. You may or may not get live feed with the gimbal with a GoPro 3, unless it is the 3+ Black. Some people have gotten live feed with a GoPro 3, but with no camera control. To fully utilize the gimbal, and have full camera control you will need to have a 3+ Black, or a Hero 4 Black or Silver. Good luck to you.

So I too, have only the hero 3, are you saying I have limited control of the camera due to this?

So I too, have only the hero 3, are you saying I have limited control of the camera due to this?
If your camera is the Hero 3, you might get video feed, but you won't have full control of the camera functions. To get camera control with the gimbal, you need at least the GoPro Hero 3+ Black. The best options for the Solo and gimbal, are the Hero 4 Silver or Black. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Ok going to buy the gimbal and try it as I only have the 3 model not the 3+. just hoping for live feed is all. don't need cam control as I can set this before flights.

Update: bought the gimball and it works great and controlled by the controller yet no LIVE feed and you will definitely have to take it out and hit start seeing the controls won't work either. It does say Hero3 on the gimball. Does anyone know how to get the live feed to work with a regular hero3

My hero 3 streams fine with the gimble... sometimes see black screen just reseat gopro

My hero 3 streams fine with the gimble... sometimes see black screen just reseat gopro
Can you control your Camera? I will try reseating it when I hop on the water in the morning. Do I need to change any recording settings? Thanks a bunch!!

My experience today with a gopro hero three silver was that you had to do everything manually including starting recording but you do get video feed. I applied all the standard settings that the manual asked for including medium field of view, 1080p and protune on. To make the recording easier I set the device to do the one touch record which basically links the power button to video recording. So once you hit the power button you are recording right on the spot and you can carry on with the drone.

My experience today with a gopro hero three silver was that you had to do everything manually including starting recording but you do get video feed. I applied all the standard settings that the manual asked for including medium field of view, 1080p and protune on. To make the recording easier I set the device to do the one touch record which basically links the power button to video recording. So once you hit the power button you are recording right on the spot and you can carry on with the drone.
Huh. never thought of utilizing the power/record button feature cause the gimbal actually gets in the way when you have to manually do it. Very good! Thank you.

can you tell me what settings you are running your gopro on? meaning 960-48 or 1080-48 etc etc. THANKS.

ANYBODY? I read somewhere that my Gopro3 will work with gimbal. Can anyone help?
I used my Gopro3 Silver with the Solo and with the gimbal. You have to manually power on the Gopro3 and manually mode it.

I did get a GoPro4 Black and it is wonderfully integrated. The Solo even powers it up and shuts it down!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela