Will a MikroTik R11e‑2HnD increase my range?

There are three ways to increase the range of your WiFi link. You can fly in a less congested area, you can use directional antennas or you can increase your Tx power. The WiFi card upgrade improves your Tx power to 800mw (so I'm told), so yes everything else notwithstanding it will increase the range of your link.
The "cardboard" mod only increases the reliability of your GPS position, it has nothing to do with the range of your controller link, although if you lose your GPS link beyond line of sight you may have a tough time getting the aircraft home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of upgrading the wifi card. Some people say do them both, others say do just the controller. I don't mind taking the solo apart if i have to but could i get away with just doing the controller? Is good to have communication to the silo from the controller but don't we need the same transmit power back from the solo to get video and telemetry back? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sounds like you answered your own question. You could always upgrade just the controller and test it out.
I'll probably just upgrade the controller when the times comes. So far I've been happy with the stock Tx range.
I've had one of my Solo's apart enough to change the WiFi card (added internal wiring for lights), so not afraid of doing that again but it is a bit of a pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela