Wifi help

Reaction score
I just got my solo and I can connect to the wifi but it say that there is no internet connection and I am completely stumped on what to do. I would greatly appreciate it if someone helped me.

there will be no internet connection on the sololink
its a private wifi link between the controller solo and the app

connect to your house internet, open the solo app and if it does not prompt you that new software is available then go to settings software and check for update. It will be downloaded to your device.
Then you connect it back to sololink wifi and do the update.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

connect to your house internet, open the solo app and if it does not prompt you that new software is available then go to settings software and check for update. It will be downloaded to your device.
Then you connect it back to sololink wifi and do the update.
I downloaded the update but when I try to connect to the controller it says there is no internet connection

that is normal, there is no WIFI connection on you sololink
its for communications with the controller and solo

that is normal, there is no WIFI connection on you sololink
its for communications with the controller and solo
My problem is in getting the update to the controller if that makes sense.

try this one
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

when i try to link up to the wifi and connect to the solo link with the password it says no internet connection below it and on the app it keeps telling me to link to the controller etc to update. What do I do?

when i try to link up to the wifi and connect to the solo... yada, yada, yada... What do I do?
Wait a minute... did you actually read and/or look at ANY of the posts/YTs from pyrate above?? :rolleyes:

Sorry to bring this up but I have read the prior posts and watched the videos and I'm still missing something. I've downloaded the pre-flight update to my phone. I followed he instructions to select the Sololink wifi (I assume emitted from the controller), entered the password, and I still get the message "no internet connection". Clearly my phone is seeing the wifi because it pops up but it won't show the Sololink as the source (stays with cellular). I've attached a photo. Obviously I am new to this and appreciate your patience.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 11
As has been explained, the Solo wifi will not have any internet connection as it does not have a gateway to the internet. In network terms, it's what is considered an 'ad-hoc wifi network'. You can still connect with whatever device; you just won't have internet access during that time.

There is no internet involved, period. Yes, your device might complain about it because most devices use the internet, but for our hobby it isn't used AT ALL. So it means nothing for us when it says no internet connection available. It wouldn't use the internet even if it was available. The signal is only going from the controller straight to the solo. It's not going from the controller through the internet to your solo. That would add quite a bit of delay between when you move the stick or anything else on the controller and when solo received the signal and reacted to it from the internet. It would also limit your flying to areas that have internet available. That would kind of suck and be very limiting. So when your device says no internet available, or limited connection, just ignore it. It means absolutely nothing. The only time you need an internet connection is when updating the firmware on the solo or controller, which is something you'd do at home anyway and not live out in the field.

Reactions: SARDG
I read somewhere that someone had to turn off the cellular connection on their phone, to be able to connect to the Solo Wi-Fi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo