Wi-Fi connection issue tablet vs. phone?

Reaction score
My tablet Samsung galaxy tab 7 keeps dropping wifi connection during flight, but my phone Nexus 6 holds wifi steady no issues at all. Anyone experience this or know how to fix? I wanted to use my tablet for better being area.

As a side note, I have a GoPro hero3+ silver, downgraded to 2.0, camera now stays on connected to the gimbal. But I've been reading I can't use the camera mode, and have to turn video recording on before flight...This true? I had this model previously so wouldn't mind getting a new one, but want full functions from the ground. What's the best model for this? Thank you!

My tablet Samsung galaxy tab 7 keeps dropping wifi connection during flight, but my phone Nexus 6 holds wifi steady no issues at all. Anyone experience this or know how to fix? I wanted to use my tablet for better being area.

As a side note, I have a GoPro hero3+ silver, downgraded to 2.0, camera now stays on connected to the gimbal. But I've been reading I can't use the camera mode, and have to turn video recording on before flight...This true? I had this model previously so wouldn't mind getting a new one, but want full functions from the ground. What's the best model for this? Thank you!
Search for "Silver" to find all the caveats of 3Silver. One issue as I remember is no cam control at all and no video feed unless running v2. You need GP4Silver or preferably 4Black for max control and functionality and I recommend popping for the 4Black because of better video specs. Then DO NOT update the FW on tbe 4 or you will lose auto power on/off.

Need to edit the above, the tablet is actually an LG. Not sure why it's not staying connected? Might be looking to get a new tablet if I can't get it working right....Plus a hero 4 black.

Need to edit the above, the tablet is actually an LG. Not sure why it's not staying connected? Might be looking to get a new tablet if I can't get it working right....Plus a hero 4 black.
LGs also had a particular setup parameter to work correctly. Search for LG.

Hi HRP,

Some tips on Wifi :

01. Many new devices, "assumed" that a wifi is a data for internet, not to control other devices.
So when it cant access the internet, it may cut off.

02. Some phones have what the so called "Smart Connection", it may choose best wifi signal automatically.
Samsung has such setting, as such I need to override them when I use it to control my GoPro. Maybe your LG has the same feature.

The beauty of having a tablet or smartphone specific to ONLY control drones ( I choose this path ) and delete all wifi connections except the one for our drone/s, it will be a more stable display/controller for the drone Apps.

03. I also do not allow SIM card on my smartphone/tablet which I use for drone control.
I am afraid of conflict where the smartphone/tablet may choose cellular data over wifi...just in case.

04. Wifi chips do overheat and cut off.

05. Lastly, remove all non essential apps on your device controlling a drone, much safer and more reliable that way.
Bloatware slows down all devices.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44