Why is 3DR not selling replacement parts?

Except they aren't getting any enterprise work.
Not yet. This stuff takes time. How many qualified pilots do you think are in the US and then those that want to fly a drone...pretty slim pickings if you ask me. I spoke with three survey companies focused on aerial survey, each had two pilots...can't develop a business with that strategy.

Ed. valid point. But are you sure 3DR or another third party isn't developing a complete hardware solution? Flight hardware and software are done, just needs an input device....that is complete. Possibly GP turned down the solution while chasing their desire to create drones, which is a mistake. Talk about failure to interpret the market data. Didn't even produce their own gimbal in all these years or micro 4/3....what smurfs they are...typical marketing run company.

[QUOTE="RichWest, post: 67679, member: 394"

Ed. valid point. But are you sure 3DR or another third party isn't developing a complete hardware solution? [/QUOTE]

I don't have any idea if anyone is or not. I think it's a good idea to create an end-to-end solution, and now that I think about it more the price-point 3DR is looking for would be reasonable in a market where there's high demand.

What I've run into so far is people trying to get enough gigs to rent Pix4D for a month and then scramble to get more jobs in that month.

I've got a job where I'm going back to a construction site every other week until the project is complete. I'm shooting video for marketing purposes. I asked if they want survey flights as well, they were unaware of using drones for that purpose. I'll fly a few surveys and hand the images over to the engineering team to see if I can generate some interest.

Reactions: RichWest
Yeah for $30 !!!
Super high priced for a part that cost about 8¢!
How do you figure that when an 8.5x11" sheet of the EMI material costs about $57? And it's only $15 ($15.04 actually) with free shipping which is almost at cost if you'd like to try to build one and die cut it yourself. The part needed is linked to in that thread thanks to @RichWest

Reactions: Ed Beck and Texzin
Hi, I just order my first Solo and register here - any idea why B&H does not provide shipping to Europe for 3DR products?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421