Who's afraid of Yuneec

I went to the yuneec booth at NAB and was actually shocked their warranty is only 6 months.....
I dont care how good your drone is, if you cant guarantee your work for AT LEAST a year then somethings up.

well the DJI trolling machine is out in full force against the H, so there must be something there they are worried about.
I have a yuneec right now and have not flown a DJI but talked to lots of objective people who have, if the H delivers it will be a problem for DJI

The chinese are and always have been dishonest when it comes to business practices. Their government has a million man army doing nothing all day but espionage. Commercial and government, if it exists, they will steal it. And their businesses are no different. Hundreds of people with hundreds of accounts making a war of reviews against eachothers products.

Reactions: agd
As for Yuneec, I'm not afraid of it. I'm afraid of operators who think their fancy new sense and avoid means they don't need to pay attention.

the months that I spent looking at Drones before buying one led to me disliking DJI so much that I will never own one period.
they trashed anything solo for months which is why to this day I get testy about it.
This is the second YouTube Channel to expose the apparent social media manipulation going on by DJI to discredit the H
Makes me want to buy one jus to spite them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Benzo
No, I'm happy with my Solo. If 3DR just sold the body, guts, gimbal and offered ESC options, I'd buy more of the birds. This bird rocks!

And not that I have an issue with their motors, I'd just prefer giving myself more options regarding power or time. Functional, it is the focal point for any hovering craft, be it performance or durability. Besides, I'm the flight mechanic as well....this bird is easy to maintain.

Haters will hate. Chinese will do whatever. Buyer beware.

No, I'm happy with my Solo. If 3DR just sold the body, guts, gimbal and offered ESC options, I'd buy more of the birds. This bird rocks!

And not that I have an issue with their motors, I'd just prefer giving myself more options regarding power or time. Functional, it is the focal point for any hovering craft, be it performance or durability. Besides, I'm the flight mechanic as well....this bird is easy to maintain.

Haters will hate. Chinese will do whatever. Buyer beware.

agree, this Yuneec is interesting but just does not feel solid. I am building a custom from the ashes of a crashed 3DR X8. Trying to build it in such a way as when motors / ESCs and props change I can just upgrade it. Long term plan is to add a pixhawk 2 and carrier board when they come out. Should eventually be able to run solol software on it then. We will see

Interesting article. After surviving that other forum and seeing how the dirt is dealt, I have to agree that the drone game is not played like they play cricket on the fields of Eton.
Same crap was going on here, still is to a certain level. I just thought it was interesting Simon was calling for DJI to call off the hoards, didn't hear anything from him on Solo....everyone has a price...

Same crap was going on here, still is to a certain level. I just thought it was interesting Simon was calling for DJI to call off the hoards, didn't hear anything from him on Solo....everyone has a price...
Actually, Simon said he did not think is was DJI directly, but a rouge entity doing it.

Here is a quote from Simon over at our Yuneec forum - "I'm sure no reputable global business would do something so blatant or clumsy, so it must be some rogue element."

Reactions: Benzo
except DJI has been documented doing such things, so it would not surprise me
Just glad they have a new target

I agree with him that no reputable global business would do that. DJI is not a reputable global business. So....

Actually, Simon said he did not think is was DJI directly, but a rouge entity doing it.

Here is a quote from Simon over at our Yuneec forum - "I'm sure no reputable global business would do something so blatant or clumsy, so it must be some rogue element."
But it was in a passive voice, he is riding the fence hoping for the best. I agree it is rouge in the delivery, broken english and such. But I'm not naive to believe that there isn't an effort to snipe or discredit the competition with proper english speakers. And I'm not inferring it is DJI directly, but I reserve the right to change that opinion at a future date.

Also he did make a request to DJI to assist in stopping the efforts. Seems many are defining who DJI is by their words, just marketing. Say it enough and it is the truth, right? Simon does derive some type of income from his endeavor on YT, so there is some motivation to appear impartial. I like Simon a great deal, I don't always agree, but have watched him from my P2V+ days. He is a gentleman.

Respectfully my opinion...

Why would I be afraid of this drone manufacturer?

I'm not afraid of any of the alternative drone manufacturers. When I switched from DJI to 3DR in February it was because I lost confidence in DJI. I liked what 3DR was saying, and made the move. Wanna buy a Phantom 2 with all the telemetry and video downlink you can think of, only $350?

If/when I should loose confidence in 3DR, I'll select what I PERSONALLY THINK is the best drone out there that I can afford and use.

I've driven Fords, Hondas, Volvo's Fiat's, a couple of GM's I hated and some Chryslers and Toyotas. Each time because they suited my needs the day I bought them. I thought they were the best cars the day I bought them.

This is NOT my last drone. Not my last camera, not my last car.

Get it?

Again in the big picture, DJl is the first, to my knowledge, international chinese branded product. I've said it before, I'd imagine DJl gets the nod for most of what they want help on....if you know what I mean...;);)

Last edited:
I'd argue that Alibaba and Huawei are much larger than DJI, but point taken. Alibaba is actually the worlds largest ecommerce company with combined sales more than Ebay and Amazon (worldwide) combined. They are actually ranked the 4th largest tech firm in the world (market cap), behind Apple, Google and Microsoft (they beat facebook, IBM, Oracle, Samsung and Intel).

Last edited:
Reactions: Benzo and RichWest
I think this article explains it nicely lol. It might actually be the Chinese government, not DJI per se: China Fakes 488 Million Social Media Posts a Year: Study

People laugh or shrug it off when I point this out. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets it. It's not just Chinese companies that are dishonest and cheating. It's literally state sponsored corporate espionage. What's good for Chinese businesses is good for the Chinese government, because $$$ and bragging rights.

Reactions: Benzo and RichWest
Well, I don't know if I'd call it "a million man army". A million man forced slave labor camp is probably more accurate ;) They are using prison laborers for a lot of this. I guess it's a shift from breaking rocks into smaller rocks.

Reactions: RichWest and pyrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela