Whidbey Island, WA, and Surrounding - Pushjerk's PNDub Thread

Reaction score
I dig this machine!

This thread will get a more polished intro, and I hope it can facilitate good discussion too on subjects from locale to tech. But in the mean time I'm just gonna use it as a dumping ground for the finer footage of the PNW that this lovely little machine is helping me obtain.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solo rocks in the wind!

Arrived to the flying location there, and the wind was pumping about 15 with gusts up to 20. Being only my second flight with solo, was a little anxious to send it up in those conditions. Needless to say, I was impressed! I feel like it handled the wind better than my Y6! None of the clips up there received any stabilization in post. Solo is just that smooth.

To give the reader an idea on wind speed, in the 4th clip above (flying backwards with the boat coming toward me), wind is coming from same direction as boat, solo is receiving no "down" input on the right stick - only drifting with the wind in fly:manual. Totally fun working on that shot.

Last edited:
Planning a flight here in the coming weeks - a local lavender farm. Fingers crossed conditions will be good. The farm folks are stoked about the idea.

lavender-wind-farm.jpg

Anyone have any pointers for shooting farms? Any favored angles/motions for highlighting those perfect lines?

So in preparation for lavender farm shooting, I did some quick cranking around in some farm land, experimenting with shots - as much as one battery will allow. Thoughts?

Working with the kind folks over at Lavender Wind Farm in Coupeville, WA. Unfortunately, by the time we got in touch, much of the field had been harvested. But a few rows remained.

Pretty windy conditions, but Solo handled it quite well. Look for the bunnies!

And here is my wife's terrestrial take on it with our little ones:
June Bug Photography - 照片 | Facebook

I dig a good aerial still. He's an attempt. A typically grey day at Deception Pass.

image.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea