Which one

Reaction score
Hello looking to get my first drone manly for videos my question which one would you recommend for a newbie solo or phantom from what I see in print depends on the writer to which one is better I prefer to hear from people who know and aren't getting paid to promote a product any help would be appreciated

If you have no experience, I suggest first getting something that's not as expensive as a Solo or Phantom. Learn to fly first and then make your decision. Although both the Solo and Phantom are very easy to fly, it's that same ease that can get you in trouble if something goes wrong. If you have manual flight experience there are a lot of situations you can get out of that cost a lot of newbies their expensive quads.

Reactions: RichWest
Hi Mikey, welcome to the forum!
I agree with cheebs- I started out with a $50 Syma X5C to see if I had any aptitude for quad flying. Ya gotta be able to fly it WELL in case the automation fails.
The advertising should say "easier to fly" not "easy to fly".

But if you want to learn on the expensive model, I would go with Solo. $599 with gimbal at Best Buy right now.
3DR has great tech support-if you have a problem they will work with you to fix it. If Solo crashes due to a malfunction, they will repair or replace it free during the 1st year- including your GoPro if it is lost or broken. Read the Phantom forums and you will see DJI doesn't.

Solo features are better and they just rolled out several new automated camera modes.

Reactions: Solo Keith
If this is your first drone, I would stalk craigslist and find a lightly used one that someone is getting rid of. Expect to pay $200 - $300 and just get something that has been lightly used and has all of the accessories. My choice in order of preference would be: 3DR Iris+ or a DJI Phantom 2. At this stage stay away from gimbals and cameras and learn to fly first.

If you have $600, the 3DR Solo with gimbal is a pretty compelling buy right now. Not sure how long that deal is going to last. You can use it without the gimbal until you learn how to fly and then work up from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44