Which Mobile Device

Reaction score
I have purchased my solo , gimbal, Gopro Hero 4 Black...
Now which mobile device should I get...
have heard you should get one with cellular capability....
If I get one with cellular should I get one that is Unlocked ?
Im new so dont understand why I need cellular..
and to use do I need to be paying for cellular service ...
sounds like I dont Know whats going on...
really would appreciate any help ...
Thank You....

if you're talking about iOS devices, cellular devices have the GPS in them whereas the wifi only don't (unless the very latest devices do)

Android devices have the GPS included, even with no cell service. You just need to remember to save an offline map of the area you want to fly while you have wifi service, in case there isn't wifi on-site.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy A6, it works okay for what I am using it for. It runs Solo and video well. I haven't tried to use Solex or Tower yet... I think a 7" tablet would be better for this, though.

If you are in an area with cell service available, but have a wifi only tablet, you can use your cell phone as a hotspot if it has that capability. I have never tried it, but I have talked to others who have done it.

If you are in an area with cell service available, but have a wifi only tablet, you can use your cell phone as a hotspot if it has that capability. I have never tried it, but I have talked to others who have done it.

I'm afraid not if you use your phone as a Hotspot then connect the tablet to the Hotspot(via wifi) then how are you to connect to the solo? It to also needs to connect via wifi

Your best bet is to do as someone said earlier download the maps of where you are flying in advance

I'm afraid not if you use your phone as a Hotspot then connect the tablet to the Hotspot(via wifi) then how are you to connect to the solo? It to also needs to connect via wifi
bluetooth hotspot/tether instead of wifi

Reactions: FlyXlsa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421