Which drone to take around the world with me?

If you HAD to choose between a tested and perfectly working P2 or an untested Solo on a 3 month trip

• Total voters
Reaction score
Website
dattagroover.com
I just got my Solo parts (after waiting for months) today, and am leaving tomorrow for some amazing and exotic places for almost 3 months. Yes, I have to work too, but that's not the point.

I have a perfectly working Phantom 2, and an untested Solo. I have other "perfectly working" P2s in the past that flew away, or had massive crashes.

My goals are 1) awesome video, and 2) no fly-aways or catastrophic crashes.

My GoPro is a Hero 4 Black with a custom 5.8mm lens.

Which would you choose?

I just got my Solo parts (after waiting for months) today, and am leaving tomorrow for some amazing and exotic places for almost 3 months. Yes, I have to work too, but that's not the point.

I have a perfectly working Phantom 2, and an untested Solo. I have other "perfectly working" P2s in the past that flew away, or had massive crashes.

My goals are 1) awesome video, and 2) no fly-aways or catastrophic crashes.

My GoPro is a Hero 4 Black with a custom 5.8mm lens.

Which would you choose?
It depends on how much time you have. If you have the time, you can learn in an exotic place just as well as a mundane one.

It depends on how much time you have. If you have the time, you can learn in an exotic place just as well as a mundane one.
Thanks. Just to be clear, it's about me trusting which done platform. I did have a lot of practice with the solo without the gimbal before it fried its motor. And I've had two years of phantom practice

Well, if you're really asking yourself that question, it's clear (for the time being) where your confidence lies - so just go with your gut.

Thanks. Just to be clear, it's about me trusting which done platform. I did have a lot of practice with the solo without the gimbal before it fried its motor. And I've had two years of phantom practice
Had a P2V+ and sold it when I got the Solo. Wouldn't go back.

Reactions: DattaGroover
Well, I went with the Solo. It was raining all day so I couldn't even test it, but I brought it because I believe it to be a better design and a better system with greater potential.
Plus, I packed spare motors, spare props, and spare batteries.
I'm going for it!

Reactions: TheeRod and Raybro
Well, I went with the Solo. It was raining all day so I couldn't even test it, but I brought it because I believe it to be a better design and a better system with greater potential.
I'm going for it!
Looking forward to some awesome video!

I'm going for it!
Post video!!!

Those are some excellent vids!
Having seen exactly what you have in mind, I think you'll find the Solo is the right pick.
Thanks! Yeah, the Solo is a FAR better tool than the Phantom for that. Had my first flights yesterday (here in Calgary), and I love it.

I still have some things to work out (like the record button in the Solo App doesn't work), but over-all there is no comparison, at least in my mind.

You can control recordings with the gimbal control lever, just at press it inwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44